There are newer employer reviews for MagTek

Magtek current employee review

I have been working at MagTek

Pros

Exciting and proven technologies. Extremely well respected manufacturer with in the transaction arena. Company name generally needs no introduction when speaking to prospective customers.

Cons

Almost entirely run by family members (i.e. brothers and sisters) and therefore zero chance of professional growth unless you're OK with the status quo. Makes having candid conversations, unless they are full of flattery, regarding Sr. Mgmt. as they are all related and like all families, they justify things even though evidence is provided about valid concerns.

Pay for an anonymous survey on the attitudes/feelings of your employees. You be surprised at what you learn. Listen to the worker-bees, not mid-mgmt., as the mid-mgmt. will tell you what you want to hear and not what you need to hear. Work aggressively at gaining trust of employees to tell Sr. Mgmt. what is really going on and assure them of no retaliatory consequences - then act on it. It'll be hard to hear, but worthwhile hearing if you succeed in gaining the trust of your people.

2 Other Employee Reviews for MagTek (View Most Recent)

Credible, interesting field, great benefits

I have been working at MagTek full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is well organized and professional. They are very well known within their industry and well respected. The CEO and her husband are incredible human beings! I am honored to say that I have had the opportunity to work for them.

Cons

The direct management seems a bit disconnected leaving the room for growth within the company to feel limited.

My advice to management is to try to be actively involved.

There are newer employer reviews for MagTek

Worked for MagTek? Contribute to the Community!