There are newer employer reviews for Magellan Health

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - EDI Systems Analyst  in  Maryland Heights, MO
Current Employee - EDI Systems Analyst in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Magellan Health

Pros

Magellan is a great Place to work. They are very flexible when it comes to balancing work and home life. The pay is great. Depending on the department you are in you have the ability to work from home when necessary. Upper management at least in EDI expects you to be a super star. They want the best of the best, which gives you a goal to work towards.

Cons

Training is not the greatest. They pretty much expect you to already know your job when they hire you. People tend to hord information. I guess in fear of you taking their job.

Breath ... we are all working very hard to meet the companies goals.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Magellan Health (View Most Recent)

an awesome place to work

Current Employee - Senior Care Manager  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Care Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Magellan Health

Pros

great place for an experienced clinical social worker, opportunites for advancement, opportunities to change contracts and job positions when employee is ready for a change. growing work from home program is great for staff who have long commutes. for the licensed clinical social worker, you can look forward to an 8-5pm job, no on call or after hours work and the ability to leave your job and go home without stressing over undone work or high risk clients. you do your job, and at the end of the day, there are no loose ends. senior leadership is very experienced, very bright, and are excellent at networking and building relationships within the local community from state to state. magellan is very concerned about employee health and offer programs to help employees achieve better health. social committee keeps the office busy with employee events to boost morale. very professional environment where customer service is taken very a priority. magellan will go to any length to make a customer happy.

Cons

sitting at a computer for (8) hours a day.

employees like to be heard and over the years, i have watched magellan make efforts and gains in providing employees with opportunities to provide feedback anonymously. please continue listen to your employees particulary around middle management issues. also, new clinical staff need close monitoring for first (6) months especially around customer service and making every effort to make the member and customer happy.

Be careful of certain areas of IT...

Current Employee - Associate Business Analyst  in  Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Associate Business Analyst in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Magellan Health

Pros

Benefits are pretty good, if you need them. The company seems to care about employees on a global level. I like the flex hours. Some areas encourage their staff to work from home and that would be very desirable to me with the cost of gasoline these days.

Cons

Some middle management is very micro-managing and has favorites that are treated much better than others. The turn over in my area is absolutely horendous. No one seems to care and I have heard that is because the HR Director is about the same as the management I mentioned. I don't think upper management has a clue how some departments are being managed.

Check to see what employees think of the managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Magellan Health

Worked for Magellan Health? Contribute to the Community!