There are newer employer reviews for Magellan Health

care manager sr

Current Employee - Care Manager Senior in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Care Manager Senior in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good salary, good benefits, paid time off

Cons

repetative nature of the job, boredom, and seems like company is very TOP HEAVY. Seems unreal that Renee Lerer got 4.2 million cash reward right before Magellan loses 20% of our overall business (Arizona contract)

lay off the big bonuses. Share the wealth! I got a meesley 2.91% raise. That won't even cover Obama's taxes on my pay.

112 Other Employee Reviews for Magellan Health (View Most Recent)

Early years great, bankruptcy and restructure resulted in management mess

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management in the first few years was great; balanced workload, pleasant team members, satisfactory salary, work-life balance great. Never expected to work extra hours without notice - usually a month's notice before large projects were due.

Cons

After bankruptcy in 2003, slew of middle management laid off and I was ricocheted around from group to group with no clear direction in my career path or expectations for my position.

Worst Company to Work for-- Just say no

Current Employee - MFLC in Carolina, NC
    Current Employee - MFLC in Carolina, NC

I have been working at Magellan Health as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This company has nothing that is good about it. They lie to their employees, they cut your pay for no reason other than the share holders need more money. Nothing good about this company.

Cons

They cut your pay for no reason, they give you no paid time off, you can never get a raise, you have no vacation, no sick days, absolutley no benefits. They call you, tell you have 48 hours to accept all their pay cuts or you will be replaced. The hire you, give you a contract, then break the contract so they can hire someone else that they can pay less money so that their shareholders can get more of the governement contract money they receive from the MFLC program. This company needs to be audited. Has to be one of the worst companies I have ever worked for other than Health Net. They do not care what type of workers they have, it is a horrible horrible company. I would never recommended ANYONE work there.

Try thinking about someone other than yourself.

There are newer employer reviews for Magellan Health