Magellan Navigation
www.magellangps.com Santa Clara, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Think twice: long hours, turnaround with lots of problems, questionable chances of survival.

Finance Manager (Former Employee)
San Dimas, CA

I worked at Magellan Navigation

ProsNew management has taken over. If you are willing to put in long hours for the limited chance of turning this company around and the options / rewards that may entitle you to then go ahead.

ConsVery long hours focusing on latest fire drill instead of the core problems. Basic systems and processes are broken or non-existent. Example: did a very poor job of implementing SAP. One year later still can't get the most basic information out of it correctly. Senior management was very short term oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to focus more on day to day operations, controls, systems and processes. Need to focus more on the long term and limit what you do (find a niche) but do it well.

Great product category but no vision in management

Product Marketing (Former Employee)
San Dimas, CA

I worked at Magellan Navigation

Pros: You can work in one of the hottest product categories in consumer… Cons: Management can't see the true opportunities or a successful differentiated business model from what other competitors are doing. Most who work in managment are… Advice to Senior Management: See beyond the basic core markets. In the end,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Just OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Magellan Navigation

Pros: People were great, even though management wasn't. Cons: The money and product were poorly managed. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Magellan Navigation.

Worked for Magellan Navigation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magellan Navigation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Magellan Navigation CEO Peggy Fong. All reviews posted anonymously by Magellan Navigation employees.