There are newer employer reviews for Magenic Technologies

Magenic has helped me technologically and professionally improve in my career

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Magenic Technologies

Pros

Peers support within the organization is excellent. When you work at Magenic you are not on an island you are on a team of professionals which all work together for the success of the company and each other.

Cons

I really don't have a lot of Cons for working at Magenic. The biggest area that needed improvement was a better career path and that is currently in progress, making this an even better place to work in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Managemetn should continue to improve the career development plans and offer training as we all are made better because of it.

reviews filtered by
  1. Dynamic place to call home

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Magenic Technologies

Pros

Magenic is a top-tier, Microsoft-focused consulting company that really listens to its employees. New carrer paths, cool work, and opportunities to grow are all around. This is also an environment that makes developers consultants and consultants into industry leaders. Also free pop.

Cons

Personal growth is mentored not prescribed. You have to know what you want so your manager can help you get there.

It was just OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Magenic Technologies

Pros

When trained you are not on a project, there is a lot of opportunities and encouragement in getting you up to speed on the latest/greatest technologies and working on getting your certificates. Peers are a very talented group and very knowledgeable in Microsoft technologies.

Cons

Felt a lot of projects were uninteresting projects others did not want to take, or staff augmentation where you are brought on just to do the most tedious part of the project noone else wanted. You are pressured to take them if you are on the bench and you may be the lone Magenic person working on those projects for long periods of time. Also, not many advancement opportunities for senior level consultants

Advice to Management

Work on getting more larger enterprise level projects where senior level consultants have more design/architecture input. Revamp the career progression path so it's more transparent what it takes to make it to the next level.

There are newer employer reviews for Magenic Technologies