There are newer employer reviews for Magenic Technologies

Work your way to Sucess

I have been working at Magenic Technologies

Pros

You can make an impact if your skills and presentation of them is correct

Cons

Its not a place of people who just want to do 9-5er

44 Other Employee Reviews for Magenic Technologies (View Most Recent)

meh

Former Employee - Software Professional in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Software Professional in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Magenic Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You might be able to learn a lot and get good experience if you get put on the right projects. It really all comes down to luck though.

As far as the quality of the work that Magenic does, they really are better than most consulting organizations out there.

Cons

I was (so I was told) hired for software development but kept getting put on QA projects. My advice to anyone who gets hired here for development and gets stuck on QA is to gtfo fast and don't listen to anyone when they say "it's only temporary."

The pay is not that great either. Raises are usually no more than 3%, if they still do raises.

Also....if you're a prospective customer thinking about going with them, go either QA or development, but not both at the same time -- conflict of interest. trust me.

Firing decisions (I left of my own accord btw) don't take into account a person's talent, if they're doing a good job, the only thing that seems to go into it is whether the person is on bench or not.

should be obvious.

Decent Consulting Company with Smart and Capable People

Former Employee - Associate Lead Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Lead Consultant in Waltham, MA

I worked at Magenic Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I interacted / worked with at Magenic were all hard working, experienced, capable, and fairly talented.

Good pay, OK benefits, a few nice perks like money towards your cell phone bill and gym membership.

Access to online training and technical resources.

Management respected the work / life balance.

Cons

NO BONUSES.

From my experience - projects are usually staff augmentation where you really don't learn anything new. Usually you are stuck with a company's internal development staff working on supporting and maintaining some legacy system.

Time off policy isn't good at all. You get 16 days / year for the 1st five years of employment. Sick and vacation time are lumped together.

The company's business model is leaning towards on-site leads dealing with all the stressful client facing work and having low cost and often times inexperienced developers at their off-shore offices doing the technical work. Your job is to basically is to hand hold the client and then baby sit a bunch of junior developers - NOT FUN AT ALL.

Start paying some real bonuses.
    Institute a better PTO policy.

There are newer employer reviews for Magenic Technologies