Magenic Technologies

www.magenic.com

Great people!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The people at Magenic are top notch!! Some of the smartest technical people work at Magenic.

Cons

Some clients are not good environments. Sticking only to Microsoft technology stack is limiting. Times are changing, and technologies are too.

Management in MN should come to the regions more often.

Other reviews for Magenic Technologies

At First Seems Great, but It's all Political

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

At first, managers were great. Then reality sets in if you are not a "favorite".

Cons

Magenic has had a great reputation...in the past that is. But only being there for 9 mo you have to wonder if it "was" a great reputation.

The interview is a joke, they don't have any sort of technical interview whatsoever. This is because they take any crap project they can get their hands on, so it doesn't require a lot of skill.

People talk behind your back, especially a select group of PMs up in MN corporate. Nobody can be trusted. They canned 3 people at the end of 2012 for no reason, 3 very good people (1 dev and 2 highly qualified PMs). Managers go cold on you after a few months if they do not like you as well.

So if this was the great Magenic that was pitched to me, it has to be the PAST Magenic because it's not greener on the other side.

They also take ANY kind of work now. I hear they used to be picky in that they had a reputation somewhat like Thoughtworks where they wouldn't default to mom & pop shops and would pick the cream of the crop projects that were more cutting edge. Not the case at all. I overheard many projects and they were all either dealing with crap SharePoint or lame projects where you were'nt allowed to use new technologies so they're no different than your average lame consulting company now.

Sucks, I had great expectations for this place. Fun while it lasted...fun for a few months only...rest of the time was like wtf???

Unless you pat your manager's back, give a back rub every other day, you're f'd here. It's all about playing favorites now.

You risk losing your best employees, some have already left. You lose more and the Magenic name is trashed. Good luck with firing people, your best people...see how that works out for you.

For my first Job I've enjoyed working at Magenic, even though I feel I still might be underpaid

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis Park, MN

Pros

The culture is great. There are lots of smart and nice people at Magenic. The ones that don't fit in don't last long. I enjoy going to work each day. I enjoy working on varying projects with different clients.

Cons

Some of the projects have stupid clients. It's annoying when you give good solutions and they refuse to do them because of some political reason.

Continue to put the Consultant first. Keep your best talent. Stop hiring bad MDC developers just to fill a contract.

There are newer employer reviews for Magenic Technologies.

Worked for Magenic Technologies? Contribute to the Community!