There are newer employer reviews for Magna International

Recent changes within the organization and the waqy people are treated is not aligned with the principles of the Charter

Current Employee - Manager in Clinton, TN
Current Employee - Manager in Clinton, TN

I have been working at Magna International

Pros

good place for a production worker to make good money if the person does not mind overtime. some good managers are there

Cons

complete disregard for how people should be treated especially at the supervisor / manager level. Some of the hiring practices are very suspect

Advice to Management

The Employee Charter was written to be applied to all employees. Managers should follow the principles at all times and lead by example

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's ok

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Holland, MI

I have been working at Magna International

Pros

Flexible hours as an intern, can spend a lot of time looking for real work. Pay is ok if you like overtime.

Cons

Lack of respect. s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s

Advice to Management

s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s

2. Could be better

Current Employee - Assembly in Nashville, IL
    Current Employee - Assembly in Nashville, IL

I have been working at Magna International

Pros

Wages and Benefits are very good compared to other companies in our area.

Cons

I do not understand why it is everyone from the CEO down to local plant management gets such HUGE bonuses when it is actually the people(to use managemants words) on the shop floor that makes sure we put out a quality part that we are proud to put our name on.
    I am not saying I am not thankful for what Magna has done for myself and other employees, but what I am saying is why do you feel you are of more importance than I and my fellow workers are.
    We need each other. YOU are no more important than I am. Salaries for these people are not a problem for I know they earn it. I guess we do not earn what we get. Let me ask one thing, what would you do if you did not have us? Also how many people could be put to work if you did not take such HUGE bonuses. Just SAYIN.

Advice to Management

Take a look at you are worth to MAGNA. NOW how much do you think the hourly associate is worth?
    How would you get your product out IF you had no associates? I guess it would be like what I have heard in some of the meetings I have set in on, which is I WILL DO IT then you go out and get the SHOP FLOOR employees to do it but you say you are the one doing it.