There are newer employer reviews for Maharam Fabric

excellent company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Maharam Fabric full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They really care about their employees at Maharam. The pay is very good for a basic position (i.e. internal sales) and the benefits are excellent as well. The showrooms are absolutely stunning and therefore a lovely place to come to work every day. The people in the company are all fantastic as well - other colleagues in other showrooms, the sales reps, the management, and the warehouse staff in Hauppauge all work very well together and make it that much more pleasant. I was proud to work there and highly recommend this company - just be willing to be as good to them as they are to you (meaning work hard and be thorough in your work) and you'll be a perfect fit.

Cons

If I had to find one (and I'm really stretching here), the internal sales position is not overly engaging so if you're one who enjoys being challenged on a daily basis you may want to consider another position with the company.

Keep up the good work with both your beautiful textiles and aesthetics as well as with the way you treat your employees. I know I appreciated it and I wish so much that I could still be a part of the Maharam team (unfortunately there are no showrooms where I now live or I'd apply tomorrow!)

8 Other Employee Reviews for Maharam Fabric (View Most Recent)

Progressive and forward thinking design firm with beautiful spaces tin which to work

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Maharam Fabric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The interior design of the offices were very minimally decorated, serene, and gorgeous - made you to feel like you were working in a very posh environment. They offered a very good benefits package and good training for the sales coordinator positions.

Cons

There was a bit of an arrogant air about some of the upper management and higher level employees - taking themselves too seriously as design aficionados. I know that a lot of the lower level employees felt looked down upon by the "upper crust". There is little to no room for advancement in sales roles.

Don't take yourselves so seriously and come up with some additional roles for sales staff besides just one inside sales person and 1 outside sales person per territory.

Friendly work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at Maharam Fabric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very minimum overtime. Friendly work environment. My manager cared abour the growth of each staff member. Good company image of being in the fabric designers industry.

Cons

Frequent lay-off even for employees with so many years of service. A lot of tidious company policies to follow. Couldn't eat snack or lunch at office desk in order to maintain a clean office.

There are newer employer reviews for Maharam Fabric