Maimonides Medical Center

www.maimonidesmed.org
  www.maimonidesmed.org
There are newer employer reviews for Maimonides Medical Center

maimonides does not respect our title we fall under nursing and we do not get the respect deserved like a nurse does.

Current Employee - Pct in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Pct in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center

Pros

Its a job and i get a paycheck, i get medical covarage, with some other perks.

Cons

Maimonides has alot of money for the hosp for remodeling exp.the lobby but staff is understaffed over worked and under payed.

appreciate the middle man in th hosp we work hard. And we are the ones that keep the hosp running.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Maimonides Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Take my advise do not work in the MIS department

Current Employee - Clinical Analyst in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Analyst in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center

Pros

Maimonides has some of the most extensive computerization of the patient care record in the country. The MIS department is convenient to public transportation.

Cons

Management operates from the view that bullying is good and does not know how to interact with a professional staff. It is difficult to create a team to work on improvements and go-lives because it is like a revolving doors. Some project managers are worse than others and therefore their team is constantly changing. It is not uncommon to have an 8 am meeting scheduled on the same day as a 5 pm meeting for a 9-5 position. Then management will call you in and ask why you left 5 minutes early. 'My or the highway' is a phrase often heard within the confines of the former auto garage, now the MIS department, across the street from live chicken industry..

Change the entire upper level management's mindset. Physical and verbal abuse needs to stop.

What I thought would be a dream job turned into a nightmare.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center

Pros

Good community hospital in a great neighborhood in Brooklyn.

Cons

Weak protections for employees. I went to Human Resources because I felt my boss was abusive and emotionally unstable. Colleagues had told me my boss had a history of picking on one person in the office. HR never helped me and my boss fired me within days of my "confidential" meeting with HR.

Doctors without budgetary and managerial experience should not be made department heads.

There are newer employer reviews for Maimonides Medical Center