Great Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual atmosphere - No dress code, snacks, a keg of beer in the office, and music playing all the time. Great salary, benefits, commissions and bonuses. The people that work at MSH are awesome !! This is a fast growing company well on the way to big, big things very soon.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

The people that run this company are amazing. They are open to hearing suggestions and feedback from everyone in the company on how to make things better all the time. The transparency and interoffice communication is phenomenal.

Aug 8, 2015 – co-CEO

Thank for this very nice review! We appreciate you taking the time back in 2012 to write it. Investing in our people and fostering a culture of openness and feedback are two of the strategies that ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Main Street Hub

Poor management, high turnover, and poor salary.

Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is fairly young so it is easy to make friends with co-workers. There is a keg in the office as well as margarita machines. The location of the offices are really great.

Cons

The quota for sales seems "fair" yet only 3-4 people in the company actually hit it each month. They will literally hire anyone in the sales department. They do not care if you've been to college or been to jail; sometimes it seems they prefer the latter. That being said, they choose to use threats as a form of motivation and claim that they have never fired anyone. What they do instead is push employees to the edge so that they voluntarily quit. They lie to new hires and tell them that they can be promoted within 3 months and in reality, they prefer to hire managers from the outside. They have even demoted managers to sales associates. This is a very high stress environment and Main Street Hub does not make their employees feel valued.

Advice to Management

We constantly hear that upper management's main goal is having a great company culture. If that is truly the case, then perhaps having a two way conversation with your employees will be beneficial. Right now, management is using fear based tactics and threats to "motivate" which leads employees to foster a feeling of resentment towards the company. I have seen several long-time employees quit due to how unappreciated they felt. Also, it always seems that management is very secretive which causes employees to raise questions and doubt the company.

Aug 8, 2015 – co-CEO

Thank you for leaving this review back in 2012. You’re right that the culture at Main Street Hub is of extreme importance to us. The description here is not in line with our culture at all, though ... More

Like working with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers. Great office location. Fridge full of food and a keg on tap. Decent spiffs for sales people.

Cons

Culture of fear coming from upper management that trickles down to lower management and is felt by all. Empty words about what the culture is compared to what it actually is. A lack of respect exists between upper management and employees. Upper management repeatedly demonstrates that the needs/feelings/opinions of their employees are not important. Lots of justification and excuses for any mistakes made. Those at the top act entitled to respect and loyalty from their employees.

Advice to Management

Genuinely apologize. Never place blame. Never admit fault either and be specific and stick to the facts. Emphasis on the genuine.

Aug 8, 2015 – co-CEO

Thank you for leaving this review back in 2012. The culture at Main Street Hub is one of the things we’re most proud of, and the description here is not in line with our culture at all. Over the last ... More