There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub

Good people, unclear vision

Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you like cold calling people that have no idea what social media is, this job is for you.

Cons

There is minimal job security at Main Street Hub. The company is divided between sales and account management and there is no look into how the other side of the company operates, making it difficult to sell a product or service that you as a salesperson had no input in creating or improving.

Advice to Management

Be clear to potential employees that employees will be competing to keep their job day in, day out, from month to month.

Be more transparent between the Sales and Account Management departments by showing sales people what the other side of the company actually does.

Bottom line: It is difficult to sell a product without having the ability to demo it for a potential customer.

reviews filtered by

Social Media Sales Associate

Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (less than a year)

Pros

you make great friends there is the best pro. Main street hub serves it's purpose of 50/50 chance of creating a buzz for a business's social media and definite plus on responding to reviews.

Cons

Main street's salary is ridiculous - not only do they preach about how all sales offices are equals but you pay your best producing office $6k less than an office that doesn't even produce as much. The call coaching is for amatuers - do you not trust the sales people that you've hired. and making sure your sales floor is liquored up so that you can continue to treat them as if they were babbling robot retards is ridiculous. MSH is not for anyone with common sense or a true adult looking for a real career. It's a stepping stone to a better career at a better company. None of the managers there have ever really accomplished anything. And they've come from less than stellar companies for the most part. Where they live, breathe, and die MSH.

Advice to Management

Taking a look that less than 5% of your sales floor has been there for over 8 months = Red flags. Every sales organization has turnover but MSH's turn over is absolutely not ever even heard of. If the pay was better and if you hired real sales reps worth more than $.02 then maybe everyone would sell over the $3k threshold for commission that you've shadily put in place. How many people of our SF, NY, LA, ATX, actually hit that 3K? I guess Mandrew's intentions are well... but intentions do not continue to keep a company afloat. I will soon be out of MSH and can't wait. Also note to MGMT: Ever since it was brought to your attention that MSH had reviews on Glassdoor - these false I love MSH reviews have been posted. It's not fair for someone who is really looking for a truthful unbiased review of MSH to have reviews "placed" on Glassdoor.

Employees not Valued... Don't Work Here

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time

Pros

Met some genuinely wonderful people when I first started with the company, and my first few months there were fairly enjoyable.

Cons

Where do I begin? The so-called awesome culture is just a smoke and mirror scam. No amount of free snacks can make up for the oppression there. Upper management claims to care about employees, but will fire them at the drop of a hat. They set unrealistic goals without really understanding how their own products work. They dupe customers into buying something that won't work for them, and punish employees when customers cancel after realizing that they pay hundreds of dollars a month for something they could probably manage better themselves. Employees aren't valued, they're not respected. They lie about promotion opportunities, bonuses, and they pretend to care about making a great work environment for employees when they honestly couldn't care less. Both sides of the company, sales and account management, are constantly miserable. If you're smart, you'll pass up this 'opportunity.' Only after I quit and started at a real, decent, respectable job did I realize how awful this place really was.

Advice to Management

You could try actually caring instead of just pretending to. Treat employees like they matter. If you continue the way you're going now, you'll lose every employee worth anything and you'll end up with a bunch of mindless drones.

There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub