There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub

Do not lie to yourself - Come ready to work!

Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture, amazing professional / personal growth opportunity, room for advancement, great product that helps local business owners, the management cares about their employees, fantastic co workers, gorgeous office, and a HUGE potential to make a lot of money! It really was fun working there, and my co workers were the best of the best! Prizes, and rewards are AWESOME! Vacations to other country's, gift cards, and electronics are some of the things you can win for doing your job well. Hard to find a company this exciting.

Cons

Do not lie to yourself, and say that you are the best, if you're not ready to work harder then the best. Cold calling for a start up is not easy, and this career opportunity shouldn't be taken lightly. The have high expectations for their employees, but they're forthcoming about that from beginning. So if you choose to accept their job offer, do not complaine about the effort it takes to do your job. It is a very fast paced, and performance driven atmosphere, but you can see that when you come in for your interview. I didn't read any of the other reviews because I wanted to leave a completely in bias review, about my own personal experience.

Advice to Management

You are all doing an amazing job. I do not believe that there is a single, incapable manager in the entire company. I have been fortunate enough to meet all the managers company wide. They are all proven sales professionals, and motivational. Keep up the great work! That goes for the executive team as well.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Boring job with little to no room for growth and too many cooks in the kitchen

Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers try really hard to keep people motivated
    decently stocked fridge
    if you're willing to absorb information, you are given tons of nuggets of valuable information
    nice team environment
    company has a ton of potential

Cons

-ridiculously low base salary. $36,000 to start and the most you can make is about $56,00 after getting promoted based on sales, which is starting for most decent start up companies
    -conflicting direction from different managers who probably aren't qualified for most companies
    -bottom of the barrel employees who can't get real jobs elsewhere
    -terrible leads given to newbies that lead to a dead end and frustrated employees.
    -managers only care about who high call volume, not quality of calls
    -day to day is incredibly boring and not challenging for any intelligent employee. All you do all day is cold call and log your calls.
    -if you don't make sales after one month and they don't like you, you will be fired.
    -management expects you to call people and basically get their credit card for something they can do themselves.

Before I got hired, I checked Glassdoor and I really should have listened to what people had to say because they were dead on. If you are looking for a real career, I would suggest not working here because this job is suited for entry level, just out of college newbies that don't know any better. If you have real qualifications, your talents would be better put to use at a company that will value you and your talents.

Advice to Management

-invest more in your employees
    -fully vet out all employees before hiring them, including checking references, to avoid turnover
    -make employees want to work for you by offering competitive salaries and benefits that are consistent with other sales jobs in the area
    -give new employees better leads so they aren't pulling their hair out in frustration.

Enjoyable -Stressful - Successful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative environment. Execs who take the time out of their day to listen and help front line employees. Hard-working and fun-loving teammates. Feels like the company is headed in a great direction.

Cons

Stressful environment - but not unique from any other early stage startup.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and adjusting and getting better.