There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub

Runaway.

Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate
Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unfortunately, there just isn't much I can say here. The other reps are awesome, pretty cool spiffs, I believe the product can help small businesses.

Cons

Across the board Management is awful! They do not take feedback well or seriously and have incredibly negative energy. They say that we can come to them anytime for help, but when we ask for help they say "you should be able to do this on your own." They expect you to fail and they will not hesitate to let you know this. Managers do not communicate with each other and as a result you are constantly being pulled in different directions and told to preform and implement strategies that contradict themselves, because of this, it is very hard to produce sales and of course, if you aren't producing the managers will make you feel worthless and try to bully you into quitting. The turnover rate is very high, most of the reps wont last 3 months, which is terrible for morale. Upper management worships themselves and believe they can do no wrong, when in fact they are what's wrong with this company! There are some people that cause happiness wherever they go, This will never be upper management, they will only cause unhappiness, stress and fear. It is only when they leave the company, will we have the opportunity to be happy.

Get off your high horses and start to respect your employees. You need to realize in 6 months you have lost at least 75% of your hires, a good manager would not have let this happen. If you do not change the way you speak to us, motivate us and inspire us you will never see true success. If you can't do this, fire yourselves.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Main Street Hub (View Most Recent)

Glorified telemarketing job

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time

Pros

-people were young, fully stocked kitchen

Cons

No opportunity to use your creative selling side...they make you read exactly from a script. Management only focuses on number of calls and not quality. There is not room for growth or personal development. One of my least favorite jobs I've ever had.

Less focus on number of calls, and let employees invest time/research into accounts so it feels more like a true tech sales job than a telemarketing one.

Enjoyable -Stressful - Successful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative environment. Execs who take the time out of their day to listen and help front line employees. Hard-working and fun-loving teammates. Feels like the company is headed in a great direction.

Cons

Stressful environment - but not unique from any other early stage startup.

Keep listening and adjusting and getting better.

There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub

Worked for Main Street Hub? Contribute to the Community!