Main Street Hub

www.mainstreethub.com
There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub

The Ideal Opportunity for a Striver

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (more than a year)

Pros

MSH has been an incredible company to be a part of. This company is the ideal environment for people who want to really challenge themselves, contribute to something bigger, push forward a socially responsible mission, and develop their skill sets deeply.

The cultural environment at MSH is so well crafted and cared for. The executive team really cares about the front lines, the CEOs make themselves very available to the whole company, and they invest real time and resources to keep the culture thriving. We also have a ton of fun.

The people who are successful here actively seek out opportunity for creative growth, skill development, and relationship building. It really is what you make of it. I'm surrounded by exciting and intelligent individuals who work hard and make me want to be better. We believe in leveling ourselves and the company up, and owning that our success is not what happens to us but rather what we make happen.

Cons

The hours can be long and the salary compensation may not be what other companies offer, but for people that are rewarded by opportunity, cultural compensation, and challenging, interesting work, the trade off is more than satisfactory.

117 Other Employee Reviews for Main Street Hub (View Most Recent)

Great work, awesome people, creating jobs in more ways than one!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Culture, culture, culture. They really emphasize the importance of culture here. Yeah, they have a ping-pong table and a keg in the office, but the comradery and support from coworkers is really what makes it.

There is also an emphasis on growth. When I asked about the next steps in my career, I was met with a plan to develop my skills to a place where they would be attractive to many companies not just MSH.

Creating jobs everywhere! Not only is MSH growing like crazy and creating opportunities in the ATX, SF, LA, and NYC areas, but by supporting local businesses they are creating jobs in the 50 states that we have clients in.

Cons

Stressful? It's a startup. That's kind of the point. Grow fast on little money to make a huge impact! I'm OK with that. I would much rather be here learning and working for local business, than working in a cube for a corporate beast. Long days and long weeks are totally worth everything I am gaining in experience, friends, and what's to come!

This is a fantastic company to work for.

Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They treat their employees very well as long as you produce. Having worked in a sales position, its all about the numbers. If sales is your passion, and you love the thrill and the chase of cold calling, you will be rewarded handsomely. They are fantastic spiffs/prizes to entice and motivate you, and the support from your peers is infectious.

Cons

If you arn't producing, you are forgotten. You can be at the top one moment and at the bottom the next. Most of the position is 95% rejection from gatekeepers and ignorant business owners. You are chasing deals, calling and calling and calling. People will hang up on you, they will get angry with you, they will be nice and they will stand you up.... If you dont want to spend %95 of your career doing this in order to reap the 5% reward, than this is not a job for you.

Recognize before you let other people go that they may have other talents in the company, if sales is not their thing.

There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub