Main Street Hub

www.mainstreethub.com
There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub

Management has no business skills

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good location in Austin. Sometimes they bring in breakfast and lunch. The staff that is tormented by management is really cool!

Cons

1. They don't care about the people. Turnover rate is unbelievable.
2. The culture they breed is fear.
3. Brainwashing happens on a daily basis. You're either selling or you're wasting time. However, it's hard to sell a service that is horrible.
4. You can be fired and will be fired for not obtaining numbers they require (which for Sales is impossible unless you're lucky.
5. Even middle management is horrible. There are people who work here that don't even have college degrees.

Bottom line up front- don't work here. McDonald's probably has a better working environment.

Go to business school. You all are horrible leaders and I truly feel bad for the investors that you manipulated into buying into this company.

120 Other Employee Reviews for Main Street Hub (View Most Recent)

It is what I expected

I worked at Main Street Hub

Pros

Great Culture. This is where the emphasis is. -Kitchenette with snacks and drinks replenished weekly.
    -Ping pong and foosball tables.
    -Breakfast and lunch occasionally brought in.

Cons

All that culture? Difficult to enjoy when you're in a high pressure, cold calling job.
    You know what you're getting into. High turnover rate. Someone left for lunch and didn't come back. It is what it is. A stressful day spent on the phone selling a product to people who don't know the first thing about social media. If you're prepared for that, try it out.

Great product..but the sales team suffer a ton of abuse. The message being sent is that this rotating door of people coming and going is acceptable to you. The morale is low because of that. Just so you know.

Best undergraduate internship I've had in college. If you're interested in Sales, this is your place!

Former Employee - Sales Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

- Great environment
    - Amazing mentors
    - Ability to learn and grow at your own pace
    - Hands on experience with software, metrics, etc
    - Incredibly flexible with your work vs school schedule

Cons

- Parking, you basically have to pay to park -- and they are usually time restricted. Your best bet is just to take the local bus.

Try new things if something seems to be failing.

Main Street Hub Response

Dec 8, 2014co-CEO

We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your internship with us – thanks for reaching out with your feedback. If you have the time, we’d love to hear more of it! You mentioned that there are some ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub