There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub

Good place to work while you look for a real job. If you are looking for a career - this is not the place.

Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office and environment is upbeat and positive. Everyone is pretty cool and helpful (co-workers). They do a good job of making you feel special if you do any little thing. They have a kitchen with free snacks and a good location downtown that has great access to places to eat and have happy hour after this nightmare of a day. The variable comp plan at first glance seems good.. more on that below. The product is actually pretty smart and every small business could benefit from it - however the average business owner is still ignorant to the internet and the power of social media. The price point is pretty good too.

Cons

Pay - worst pay I have ever gotten - given the work that is expected. DO NOT WORK HERE if you have a family or plans to own a house. Your children will starve and your house will get foreclosed on. They expect at least 100 calls a day, which is not horrible but its the TYPE of calls that wear you down. The leads are horrible - the worst I have ever seen, and here is why. They are not new leads. At this point in the company they are reusing the same leads over and over again with the hopes that maybe if some one new calls them it will change the business owner's mind or some one else will be in charge. At first glance it appears as though the script is well thought out - which it is.... however it is VERY LONG and VERY COMPLEX by the end of a presentation (should you be lucky enough to get a business owner to commit for that long) they just want to get off the phone. The biggest and honestly sickest part of any of this - is that the more tenured reps get leads that come from the customer's request! That means for a very select few who have been there long enough get leads that are pretty much guaranteed to close because the business owner is asking about the business and how MainStreetHub can help them. This creates a HUGE smoke screen of what is real and what is not. There are all these new reps that are hired each month and see these tenured reps putting up these great sales figures (more on that coming) .. however its all a LIE. The few reps that have been there 6+ months get lay up for sales that are hand fed to them by management and come from customer requests off of the website or some other media outreach. New reps take weeks to make a single sale. So you better have some money saved up before you start here. A word on management - they micromanage the heck out of you. They claim they want to coach you and are really concerned about your success, but this is just more BS. They are so busy they never have time to give any really good feedback unless its to fire you. A final word on advancement - there really isn't any. You can become a higher paid sales/ phone robot - but you have to hit quota month after month for a whole YEAR!!- which I did not see while I was there. What's the other option? to become a slave driving manager where you just tell people to get on the phone all day and yell at them to "get more demos'' in the afternoon - no thank you.

Advice to Management

Increase your base pay !!! you seem to have talented people - if you want to keep them PAY THEM. Focus more on getting better leads. Leads that are not corporations or large chains AND SPEAK ENGLISH. NEW LEADS TOO. Not leads that have been called 10 times over the past year.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Hard work

Current Employee - Local Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Local Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Money good People

Cons

Hard work a lots of down time.

Main Street Hub Response

Oct 1, 2014 – co-CEO

We’re glad that you have enjoyed your experience at Main Street Hub so far! We are surprised, though, to read that you’ve experienced a lot of downtime in your role. We’d appreciate more feedback on ... More

Avoid this place at all costs! Modern day slave ship.

Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is a joke. You will meet some cool people here. There are tons of snacks and booze. Ping pong table. Chill dress code.

Cons

No perks, awful benefits. The script is long. The leads suck. You are micro managed. No one wants or needs this service. It's not even SaaS because it is not software. People quit everyday. I made a game of betting on who would quit next. Managers are arrogant and overworked. If you did not hit quota, you will be expected to get in early, work late and come in on weekends. They will hire anyone here. I worked with a guy with a full on neck tattoo. The starting salary is 35k. Don't think you'll be living in SF off that. OTE is maybe 60k and I say that generously. No one ever hits. The environment is disheartening and demotivating. Someone told me they are going public soon...yea right, I surely hope not. Work someplace else, even pan handle, you'll enjoy it more. Come back late from lunch 1 minute? You'll be talked to. This is not a place for adults. Everyone quits, even managers. No job security. Surprised they are still around! Can't believe they even have funding. Turnover is atrocious. You may get hired as an ex con. Revolving door. All of the good reviews are from employees they made write them.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Quit lying. Be transparent. Promote within. Pay a decent salary. You are the lowest paying company in SF by far. None of your employees can even afford to live in SF.