Maine Medical Center
www.mmc.org Portland, ME 1000 to 5000 Employees

Excellent Place, Excellent People, Excellent Work

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Portland, ME

ProsGreat opportunity to really make a difference in people's lives and in supporting the health of the state. Multidisciplinary collaboration is evident and each individaul has the opportunity to contribute to bettering care at the institution.

ConsFast paced environment that really requires the ability to be flexible and remain calm under pressure. This is very hard work in a rapidly changing industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that you have the talent around you to succeed.

Working for Maine Medical Center has been wonderful

Network Analyst (Current Employee)
    Rockland, ME

I have been working at Maine Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefit/compensation package with flexible working schedules and empowered employees.… Cons: Not terribly cost conscious and areas of responsibility are silo'd. Seems like money is… Advice to Senior Management: More closely monitor spending on items such as canteen, associated… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Tightening healthcare budgets=unsafe staffing

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Portland, ME

I have been working at Maine Medical Center part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great coworkers and flexible schedule. There is a lot… Cons: Staff are overworked and undervalued. Nurses are expected to carry heavier patient loads than what most feel are safe, and management has become increasingly focused… Advice to Senior Management: Safe staffing levels should be at the top of the list for budget priorities!!! Staff want to be able to see provide safe and effective… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Maine Medical Center.

Worked for Maine Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maine Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Maine Medical Center CEO Richard W. (Rich) Petersen. All reviews posted anonymously by Maine Medical Center employees.