Maine Medical Center

There are newer employer reviews for Maine Medical Center

Associate I

Former Employee - Associate I in Portland, ME
Former Employee - Associate I in Portland, ME

I worked at Maine Medical Center part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly People to work with with good pay and benefits. Got good hours and supervisors were very good and nice.

Cons

Can be overwhelming with the amount of orders as a runner

50 Other Employee Reviews for Maine Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Complete waste of time , 6+ project managers resigned

Former Employee - IS Project Manager in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - IS Project Manager in Portland, ME

I worked at Maine Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Small Minority younger clinical staff management

Cons

IS is a time capsule of soviet management style. Extreme unqualified managers maintain "power" through their old boy, their focus is big talk,not hospital success.
    Honest empolyees are punished and driven away, nepotism, deficient management practices are the norm, google Forbes and IT Healthcare magizines for the Maine Med Epic
    cost overruns. IS management hired unqualified consultants also contributing to the projects costs and failures.

study real hospital management, then actually "work" at a real hospital IS department educating yourselves about how succesful IT should function and treat employees, intimidation is not a core value of any great organization.

Talk more and do less and strive for mediocre executive and senior leadership.

Former Employee - Quality Project Manager in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Quality Project Manager in Portland, ME

I worked at Maine Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The staff that has direct patient care is top notch and truly advocates for the patients. I've worked for a highly regarded Boston area hospital and would choose MMC's staff in a heart beat.

Cons

Executive and senior leadership have a vision but no real understanding how to operationalize a plan. Major disconnect with the front line staff.

Stop blaming the current state of healthcare with reduced patient volumes and decreased revenues from the state and insurance companies. Reducing head count will never get you there financially, or spending valuable capital on consultants. Put a strategy together, operationalize it, have true alignment throughout the organization and hold people accountable.

There are newer employer reviews for Maine Medical Center