Maines
www.maines.net Conklin, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Maines the good the bad and the ugly.

Trucker (Current Employee)
Conklin, NY

ProsThey provide good home time with family. The pay is fair, though taking a helper kills case pay but makes the trip much nicer. the benefits are awsome great health care and they have some nice activities for drivers and our families. They are good people and as much as they can seem to care about your troubles.

ConsThe stops are off loaded with a handcart and a ramp. Durring the winter it is dangerous in the ice. Very easy to get hurt on the job here. If hurt they send you to a workers comp doctor used by companies. They are there to get you back to work even if it is not what is best for you. Stating that you can do light duty which is true but not as good as rest. I agree they have to be careful about fraud with the milkers of the system. But the person who is truely hurt pays the price. Holiday schedules take drivers away from their families though management is whith their families.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Just let your drivers know they are doing a good job, we only hear from you when there is a problem. Christmas is important to your drivers and their families even though we are home in the morning we have to sleep to run at night. That makes running christmas night little better than being gone.

Not good

I have been working at Maines

Pros: food show is a good time and it is nice. Cons: Pretty bad place to work. Managment doesn't care who you are at all. Promises aren't delivered and everything you read in the handbook… Advice to Senior Management: Quit acting like celeberties and start treating you workers as… More

My experience at maines has been long and very dissatisfing

Warehouse Dry Selector (Current Employee)

I have been working at Maines

Pros: The company is always getting more buisness so u do… Cons: Management is very disorganized and the work is very difficult warehouse workers… Advice to Senior Management: I would say to relax a little more when it comes to minor work offenses if your early everyday and u often work long days… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Maines.

Worked for Maines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Maines CEO Chris Mellon. All reviews posted anonymously by Maines employees.