There are newer employer reviews for Maines

I would give it negative stars if I could.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover Park, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover Park, IL

I worked at Maines full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nobody cares when you come or go.

Cons

Management is clueless, tactless, and disrespectful. They overwork their employees and give you a hard time if you just work your scheduled shift and leave. The building is filthy, overcrowded, and incredibly outdated. Leaving was the best decision I've ever made.

Advice to Management

Get out and see the real world once in a while.

Other Employee Reviews for Maines

Maines the good the bad and the ugly.

Current Employee - Trucker in Conklin, NY
    Current Employee - Trucker in Conklin, NY

Pros

They provide good home time with family. The pay is fair, though taking a helper kills case pay but makes the trip much nicer. the benefits are awsome great health care and they have some nice activities for drivers and our families. They are good people and as much as they can seem to care about your troubles.

Cons

The stops are off loaded with a handcart and a ramp. Durring the winter it is dangerous in the ice. Very easy to get hurt on the job here. If hurt they send you to a workers comp doctor used by companies. They are there to get you back to work even if it is not what is best for you. Stating that you can do light duty which is true but not as good as rest. I agree they have to be careful about fraud with the milkers of the system. But the person who is truely hurt pays the price. Holiday schedules take drivers away from their families though management is whith their families.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Just let your drivers know they are doing a good job, we only hear from you when there is a problem. Christmas is important to your drivers and their families even though we are home in the morning we have to sleep to run at night. That makes running christmas night little better than being gone.

Not good

Pros

food show is a good time and it is nice.

Cons

Pretty bad place to work. Managment doesn't care who you are at all. Promises aren't delivered and everything you read in the handbook and hear in your interview may not happen or be true as far as salary and vacation go. No one works together, even a little but. Managment does not train properly so turnover is very high. It is who you are there, not what you know-good work ethic will get you nowhere.

Advice to Management

Quit acting like celeberties and start treating you workers as if you were one of them.