Makerbot
www.makerbot.com Brooklyn, NY 150 to 499 Employees

toxic workplace.

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people doing the work.
3D printing is the future.

ConsI've been here less than a year, but here goes:

We just launched a new product yet morale is at an all-time low - and the top brass doesn't even know that's the reality, or refuses to confront it.

Very little respect for their own community and their own employees. Complete sense of entitlement from the top brass in every interaction between company and people.

CEO is like others have said way way in over his head. He's paranoid about everyone, that they're out to get him, and completely impulsive about every single aspect of the company and the products. He won't acknowledge his shortcomings, instead he prefers to pretend to know what he's doing.

He hired his father to run the marketing team. It's very weird.

CEO has over inflated ego that is constantly fed by everyone at the company all the time. He's bought into his own BS and acts like he's Steve Jobs. He's definitely not.

Work environment is completely paranoid - people are let go constantly with little regard. Blame is always on the employees without any sincere explanations, and often leads to impulsive firings.

Management never looks inwards for -their dissatisfaction - of employee's work, expectations, and reporting structure.

Expectation that you should be extremely grateful for even having a job at all- especially at this company. That only goes so far.

No longer a startup - gone corporate, but without the trappings, only the pitfalls.

Advice to Senior Managementwhat's there to say? This can't work long term, but maybe you don't care about the long term.

Hard to describe

Software (Former Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Makerbot full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice, intelligent people all around. Usually friendly atmosphere. Great place to inspire… Cons: Somewhat paternalistic developments. Difficulties for me to associate with the brand… Advice to Senior Management: Share more within the company and have checks and balances be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Design

I have been working at Makerbot

Pros: I report to a wonderful person Cons: The company is still growing More

There are newer reviews on Makerbot.

Worked for Makerbot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Makerbot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Makerbot CEO Bre Pettis. All reviews posted anonymously by Makerbot employees.