Makerbot

www.makerbot.com

Should never have accepted this job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe 3-D printing industry is fascinating and is booming. The work itself is great...very rewarding.
The employees are awesome! Some of the most down-to-earth people you will ever meet!

ConsThe company culture is very divisive. The company is split in terms of what department you happen to work in (like night and day). You might as well be working for two different companies.

Very poor management, poorly-made decisions. No clear direction from the top. There are just blanket speeches made about numbers and bottom lines.

There is very high turnover here. Constantly changing staff because of firings and people who just left on their own. Constant upper management turnover as well.

Employees are not valued. They are treated like robots (for lack of a better term!).

Salaries are sub-standard, at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs has been stated a few times already, place more value on your employees, and your sales and company earnings will naturally follow suit.

See potential and help push you forward

I have been working at Makerbot

Pros: If they see you are a hard worker, willing to… Cons: With quick growth comes change and change isn't always easy… Advice to Senior Management: Stick with it and keep growing and trying new things. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

OK, but getting worse

Maker (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for less than a year

Pros: Talented people at the lower levels. A great product when management doesn't mess it up. Good attempts to promote people internally. People love… Cons: Management demands 110% dedication for 60% pay. Chinzy benefits with almost no stock options, Cheap healthcare, no 401(k) and very little time off. … Advice to Senior Management: Hire a real CEO. Focus on internal management rather than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Makerbot.

Worked for Makerbot? Contribute to the Community!