Makerbot
www.makerbot.com Brooklyn, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Biggest mistake of my life

(Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

Pros-3D printing industry is great
-Products are decent and the buzz about the company is great
-Looks good on the resume, you will get contacted by recruiters for other jobs quickly
-American product

Cons-Low salary, lack of bonuses, and lack of any real perks are destroying workplace morale. Nearly everyone, in every department, openly talks about being broke and living in near-poverty. I have been employed at MakerBot for about one year and have not had one bonus or raise...despite being told how great of a job I am doing.

-Very high turnover for a potentially great company. This is always blamed on "being a startup," but it's just because of low wages.

-Getting asked to work on weekends gets aggravating (this seems to happen in many different departments)

-Attitude from "Upper Management" and CEO can get very hostile and outright shameful. Employees are treated with very little respect.

-Potentially nasty future. Upper management's does not value the company's customers.. customer service and business ethics are slipping rapidly.

Advice to Senior Management-If you are one of the VCs that own MakerBot-- please find us a new CEO and CSO.

-Give everyone at the company a 50% pay increase and watch the employees start to care about their jobs. You wont have to beg employees to work on weekends if we made a good-living.

Frauds

I have been working at Makerbot

Pros: Some of the most interesting and exciting people have worked here.… Cons: What you read here is pretty much the truth. We are very badly underpaid, but more importantly, the company cannot decide between caring about the… Advice to Senior Management: My advice would be to the board and the investors: find someone who isn't just a pretty face that we can respect and who has… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Makerbot: An interesting product but an unhealthy environnment to be in!!!

Productor (Current Employee)
    Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for more than a year

Pros: The product is interesting and the company could have a… Cons: Really, really poor management consequently, the whole production employees are the ones who carry the burden. No consistency in the hours… Advice to Senior Management: Trust and treat your employees better and maybe they might… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Makerbot.

Worked for Makerbot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Makerbot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Makerbot CEO Bre Pettis. All reviews posted anonymously by Makerbot employees.