Makerbot

www.makerbot.com
  www.makerbot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Makerbot

Biggest mistake of my life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Makerbot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-3D printing industry is great
-Products are decent and the buzz about the company is great
-Looks good on the resume, you will get contacted by recruiters for other jobs quickly
-American product

Cons

-Low salary, lack of bonuses, and lack of any real perks are destroying workplace morale. Nearly everyone, in every department, openly talks about being broke and living in near-poverty. I have been employed at MakerBot for about one year and have not had one bonus or raise...despite being told how great of a job I am doing.

-Very high turnover for a potentially great company. This is always blamed on "being a startup," but it's just because of low wages.

-Getting asked to work on weekends gets aggravating (this seems to happen in many different departments)

-Attitude from "Upper Management" and CEO can get very hostile and outright shameful. Employees are treated with very little respect.

-Potentially nasty future. Upper management's does not value the company's customers.. customer service and business ethics are slipping rapidly.

-If you are one of the VCs that own MakerBot-- please find us a new CEO and CSO.

-Give everyone at the company a 50% pay increase and watch the employees start to care about their jobs. You wont have to beg employees to work on weekends if we made a good-living.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Makerbot (View Most Recent)

Frauds

I have been working at Makerbot

Pros

Some of the most interesting and exciting people have worked here. They never stay for long, but they manage to recruit amazing people.

Cons

What you read here is pretty much the truth. We are very badly underpaid, but more importantly, the company cannot decide between caring about the community (seemingly at a cost to profitability) and caring about the bottom line and making a few people very rich. I suppose it will settle on the latter but I've never worked anywhere before where I felt bad for our customers.

My advice would be to the board and the investors: find someone who isn't just a pretty face that we can respect and who has credibility with the community that we've completely lost touch with. Or failing that, find someone who can actually be as mercenary as management aspires to be. Then we could get paid a living wage.

Love the emphasis on culture at MakerBot

I have been working at Makerbot full-time

Pros

Management is focused on making sure that employees are both a good fit with their supervisors and their teams; that makes for a very aligned atmosphere. I feel respected and acknowledged and excited to be working in such a creative and energetic company.

Cons

Growing pains but I really believe it will lead to all good things.

Keep on recognizing your employees for their hard work--it does make a difference!

There are newer employer reviews for Makerbot