Makerbot
www.makerbot.com Brooklyn, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Frauds

I have been working at Makerbot

ProsSome of the most interesting and exciting people have worked here. They never stay for long, but they manage to recruit amazing people.

ConsWhat you read here is pretty much the truth. We are very badly underpaid, but more importantly, the company cannot decide between caring about the community (seemingly at a cost to profitability) and caring about the bottom line and making a few people very rich. I suppose it will settle on the latter but I've never worked anywhere before where I felt bad for our customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to the board and the investors: find someone who isn't just a pretty face that we can respect and who has credibility with the community that we've completely lost touch with. Or failing that, find someone who can actually be as mercenary as management aspires to be. Then we could get paid a living wage.

Love the emphasis on culture at MakerBot

I have been working at Makerbot full-time

Pros: Management is focused on making sure that employees are both a good fit with their supervisors and their teams; that makes for… Cons: Growing pains but I really believe it will lead to… Advice to Senior Management: Keep on recognizing your employees for their hard work--it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Makerbot: An interesting product but an unhealthy environnment to be in!!!

Productor (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for more than a year

Pros: The product is interesting and the company could have a… Cons: Really, really poor management consequently, the whole production employees are the ones who carry the burden. No consistency in the hours… Advice to Senior Management: Trust and treat your employees better and maybe they might… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Makerbot.

Worked for Makerbot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Makerbot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Makerbot CEO Bre Pettis. All reviews posted anonymously by Makerbot employees.