There are newer employer reviews for Makita U.S.A.

very good

Current Employee - Sales & Service Engineer in Vadodara (India)
Current Employee - Sales & Service Engineer in Vadodara (India)

I have been working at Makita U.S.A. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. Increased morale. A good company creates a fun, relaxed, yet professional work environment. Employees enjoy coming to work and are more likely to encourage others to enjoy coming to work.
2. Increased productivity. When office morale is high, there is a tendency for employees to be more productive. High morale may not encourage employees to work longer or harder, but more efficient.
3. Pride. People who work for MAKITA companies like to brag about their company. A good company also makes the employee feel like they are a part of the team, or “family,” and the MAKITA makes it clear that they wouldn’t be successful if it wasn’t for YOU. When a company does this, the employee feels an emotional obligation to help the company achieve its goals.
4. Job satisfaction. Satisfied employees are more likely to stay with the MAKITA longer than others. Job satisfaction also relates to productivity, as satisfied employees tend to be more productive.

These are the reasons why you should work for a MAKITA company. Working for a good MAKITA makes you a better employee and can help you truly enjoy and advance your career.

Now I’d like to ask my readers a few questions. Do you work for a good company? Are there any other things a good company does? What are some other reasons why you should work for a good company? Share your thoughts below!

Cons

Senior management, executive management, or management team is generally a team of individuals at the highest level of organizational management who have the day-to-day responsibilities of managing a company or corporation, they hold specific executive powers conferred onto them with and by authority of the board of directors and/or the shareholders. There are most often higher levels of responsibility, such as a board of directors and those who own the company (shareholders), but they focus on managing the senior or executive management instead of the day-to-day activities of the business. The executive management typically consists of the heads of the firm's product and/or geographic units and of functional executives such as the chief financial officer, the chief operating officer, and the chief strategy officer.[1] In Project Management, senior management is responsible for authorizing the funding of projects.[2]
They are sometimes referred to, within corporations, as executive management, top management, upper management, higher management, or simply seniors.

reviews filtered by
  1. Lost a whole year without a leader without a plan.

I worked at Makita U.S.A. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Freedom to work your area as you see fit.

Cons

Having short sighted middle managers looking over your shoulder constantly trying to change direction. They have no training programs about their products. The amount of useless paperwork that goes nowhere and is not used in the future is mind boggling.

Learn how to plan and get some clue about how things work.

2. Flexible Schedule

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I worked at Makita U.S.A.

Pros

Great place to work for the flexibility of schedule. Not alot of paperwork and not very fast paced. Good people to work with.

Cons

Upper management tends towards favoritism when shake-ups happen, which is frequent. Not very competitive pay scale.

Do more to attract and retain talented people. I woould still be there if I had felt as if I were appreciated and were paid more.

There are newer employer reviews for Makita U.S.A.