Malone & Bailey

www.malone-bailey.com

Stressful, but empowering even at the staff level

ProsConstant learning, great training program, overtime pay, generous PTO. Working at a smaller firm allows you to become a more integral part of the engagements, and you often see the audit/review all the way through from beginning to end. Even at the staff level, I gained a lot of exposure to complicated debt and equity transactions, maintained relations with my clients (sometimes the CEO and CFO of a company), and was often the sole preparer before it went to senior/manager/partner review. When compared with my peers at larger firms/big 4, I can definitely see that I'm given much more responsibility here. Everyone at the office is pretty friendly with one another; the partners will even roam the halls and drop by our offices to chat...which brings me to another point -- we all have offices, not cubicles, and do most of our work in-office rather than at the client site. This greatly improves efficiency and productivity, as we are all equipped with a 4-monitor system that allows us to work much quicker.

ConsHardly any work-life balance (even after busy season), very stressful, understaffed. I regularly switch back and forth between 5-8 clients, up to 15 during busy season. As you can imagine, this can become very hectic and often stressful when the engagements are in different stages of the process and when clients are demanding. Of course, it greatly improved my flexibility, organization, and recall factor, but having to do this for 52 weeks out of the year can be very tasking.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeef up staffing; consider increasing salary to be more comparable with amount of work we produce

Should you work here?

I have been working at Malone & Bailey

Pros: Definitely a great place to learn and a starting point… Cons: very understaffed. They hoours during busy season are crazy and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A satisfying experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Malone & Bailey

Pros: Partner group was friendly and helpful. HR function was… Cons: Hours got a little long during busy season. Pay was… More

There are newer reviews on Malone & Bailey.

Worked for Malone & Bailey? Contribute to the Community!