Friendly environment to work in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Huachuca, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Huachuca, AZ

I have been working at ManTech

Pros

They take care of their employees and other employees take care of each other. One time I was sick and had to stay in bed for three months. The employees pulled together to make sure I had enough vacation time to take me into my disability pay.

Cons

Sometimes there aren't enough jobs to go around but that is the nature of contracting.

Other Reviews for ManTech

A great place to work

Current Employee - Security Specialist  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Security Specialist in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at ManTech

Pros

The employee benefits are EXCEPTIONAL!
    The corporate staff overall are very helpful, namely the HR staff and the Mobility/Resource team.
    Annual raises (2-4 percent), which is better than nothing at all.

Cons

It's hard to switch job functions and/or job fields.
    It's challenging to leave the contract you are on for another contract without a good justification such as the contract is ending. Even if the new position offers career enhancement and better utilization your skills/education.
    They favor experience over education, which can be a disadvantage for young people who have advanced degrees but aren't old enough to have 10+ years of experience.

My advice to management would be to place a higher degree of value on one's level of education in lieu of experience. I would advise management to help and support their employees transition into new job fields in which they may not have the on the job experience, but have the education to support such transition. Finally, I would like to see some of the courses offered through ManTech University be more comparable to those offered through Defense Acquisition University.

Amazing!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at ManTech

Pros

Pay is better than industry standard. This company seems intent on keeping good, hard working talent people and they do everything they can to make a great working environment. For once, Management isn't completely incompetent and the company is moving in a great direction.

Cons

It seems as though you need very high level clearances and many years of experience (10+ yrs) to get into the company. It may not be for entry level people

ManTech is a great company for which to work. It is probably the best company for which I've ever worked. Keep going, as you're going in the right direction. Just be careful not to get too "acquisition-happy" unless you're sure it will add to the company's value. Well done!

There are newer employer reviews for ManTech.

Worked for ManTech? Contribute to the Community!