ManTech

www.mantech.com
  www.mantech.com
There are newer employer reviews for ManTech

Mantech, willing to do anything for a buck.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Falls Church, VA
Former Employee - Project Manager in Falls Church, VA

I worked at ManTech

Pros

Large company with multiple contracts. Numerous job openings. Getting to quit!

Cons

They are too large and do not have a set direction. They will do anything for a dollar. They have a horrible reputation as being the lowest bidder and providing the lowest workers. There are constant management changes. They make promisses and to not follow through such as they will move you up, yet years later you are still on the same project with no possiblity of promotion. Only after you tell them you are leaving, do they try to move you up.

They do not stand up for the employees. The customer is always right. Even if something is spelled out in a contract, they will agree to the change because it doesn't affect them. The project manager is the one that has to deal with it. They are affraid of getting on the COTR's badside and that is at the expense of the employees.

Be more focused. Have standards. Quality non quantity.

271 Other Employee Reviews for ManTech (View Most Recent)

Spent 2 years in Rosslyn

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at ManTech

Pros

Arlington (Rosslyn) VA is a great location to work. The medical/dental benefits are incredible. Security, HR/Finance, and IT are all top notch internal operations. These internal operations work at light speed and are flawless.

Cons

The salary is low considering industry rates. It's not uncommon to bill the customer $150/hr, but Mantech-SRS only pays $30-35/hr. That's a good profit rate, for them. Management would rather look for new employees rather than pay their current employees better to stay there.

Pay more and you'll get a better retention rate and a better employee satisfaction. It would also assist with continuity of operations and better coverage should there be internal issues.

Don't Get Stuck At ManTech

Current Employee - Administrative Supervisor in Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Supervisor in Killeen, TX

I have been working at ManTech

Pros

It used to be the benefits. However, since we have fallen under the Service Contract Act (SCA), that is no longer the case. Because of the SCA, if you are just starting on with ManTech or another contractor, then your benefits are not as good as they were prior. If you are starting out now, you will never ever have any sick time, which is rediculous.

Cons

It is a white, male dominated company. If you are not a white male who is part of a very small clique you will never get anywhere, no matter how educated or qualified you are. I know this through my own experience as well as people I work with. I finally got promoted into a position which was created for a white male and was filled by another male that I trained, and found out through the grapevine that I was making much less than either of them had started at.

Be fair!! Treat everyone equally and give bonuses, raises and promotions as deserved, not because they are part of a group. I know of a black female who had to go all the way to human resources at the Headquarters office to make a complaint before she was promoted into a position.

There are newer employer reviews for ManTech