Great Internship Opportunity

Former Employee - Junior Software Developer  in  Chantilly, VA
Former Employee - Junior Software Developer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at ManTech as an intern for more than a year

Pros

My internship was far more challenging and stimulating than the stereotypical coffee retrieval. I was able to work with several different technologies that were new to me and contribute to the company. There was also career opportunity available beyond the scope of the internship.

Cons

I saw none. At the time I was there, the subdivision I worked for was going through a lot of changes while they assimilated to the ManTech culture, but that's natural.

Other Reviews for ManTech

Good stability, but not a place to develop your career.

Former Employee - Requirements Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Requirements Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at ManTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My first boss at ManTech was very concerned for her people and went out of her way to look out for them. She would push back on corporate if she thought there were things that weren't right, and wasn't a "spotlight grabber." The team I worked with was very good, but also isolated- we were on site with the client and weren't really plugged in with what was happening at ManTech HQ. The benefits package was good. Also, they were willing to be open-minded about my resume--I came from another field and background. I think that my experience was very isolated though- I only worked on the one contract. I was lucky that it was with great people that I still keep in touch with.

Cons

Because we were on the client site, we felt very isolated from ManTech HQ. We felt like we didn't really matter to them, as long as the contract was making money. Also, there was very little room for professional growth. They were good about reimbursing for things like PMP training, but then there wasn't really any place to go. I ended up taking on a colleague's role after he left, with an increase in responsibility, travel, and time in the office. I asked for a raise to compensate me, and was denied. After that, I felt like I had to leave- I couldn't afford the associated costs with the travel for the job.

It would have been really nice to not be so cut off from the rest of the company. Sending your mid-level managers to the client sites to check in and meet the employees once a quarter or something would have been really nice. I never felt like a ManTech employee, I felt more like I worked for the client.

Just Another Body-Shop

Current Employee - Technical Architect  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Washington, DC

I have been working at ManTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large company that's able to provide a lot of opportunities/choices to keep employees busy

Cons

Company extremely top-heavy. This creates high overhead that requires hiring high-margin employees (low pay-rates for a given billet). The end result is customers being given lowest-bidder talent for premium contracting dollars.

Try to be the kind of company that attracts talent rather than having to buy talent through acquisition. Try to be the kind of company that customers want because of the quality of your workforce rather than just being the lowest bidder.

There are newer employer reviews for ManTech.

Worked for ManTech? Contribute to the Community!