ManTech

There are newer employer reviews for ManTech

Great Internship Opportunity

Former Intern - Junior Software Developer in Chantilly, VA
Former Intern - Junior Software Developer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at ManTech as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

My internship was far more challenging and stimulating than the stereotypical coffee retrieval. I was able to work with several different technologies that were new to me and contribute to the company. There was also career opportunity available beyond the scope of the internship.

Cons

I saw none. At the time I was there, the subdivision I worked for was going through a lot of changes while they assimilated to the ManTech culture, but that's natural.

290 Other Employee Reviews for ManTech (View Most Recent)

Just Another Body-Shop

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Washington, DC

I have been working at ManTech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Large company that's able to provide a lot of opportunities/choices to keep employees busy

Cons

Company extremely top-heavy. This creates high overhead that requires hiring high-margin employees (low pay-rates for a given billet). The end result is customers being given lowest-bidder talent for premium contracting dollars.

Try to be the kind of company that attracts talent rather than having to buy talent through acquisition. Try to be the kind of company that customers want because of the quality of your workforce rather than just being the lowest bidder.

Okay job if you are right out of college but not a place where you want to stay very long.

I worked at ManTech

Pros

Several good people work there with a good knowledge base. Work tools (computers, servers etc.) are good. Projects are interesting and good software engineering practices are followed.

Cons

Terrible work conditions. Office is an old airplane hanger. Work temperatures can vary from 40F to 80F.

There are newer employer reviews for ManTech