ManTech

There are newer employer reviews for ManTech

Good

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at ManTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good management support from the top down

Cons

Your job is as secure as the government contract

266 Other Employee Reviews for ManTech (View Most Recent)

Good enough

Current Employee - Systems Developer Principal in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Developer Principal in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I find my local management is consistently good. They are qualified engineers and good leaders. I have been working for 40 years and have a lot to compare to. I have little to complain about in the area of salary and benefits. They don't nag me which I consider a major plus and I feel like an accepted and valued team member. They perform as well as any top-tier consulting company and I have worked for several of the best.

Cons

Local site management has little influence with the customer. They offer good advice which is promptly discarded. The job is extremely challenging.

Good company chained to government inefficiencies

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst
    Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst

I worked at ManTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent administrative structure that supports employees. Pay is at or above market. Management treats employees as assets, not revenue streams. Excellent benefits.

Cons

As a prime or sub contractor, ManTech is limited by the local government client. Time consuming employee review system that adds very little value or weight to professional growth.

ManTech grew to prominence as a Department of Defense contractor, and has recently scrambled to entrench itself within other government agencies as the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan wind down. Upper management was mostly comprised of former military executives that do not understand the inter-workings of other government agencies. This creates problems when trying to support programs and employees that work for non-DoD agencies. ManTech should diversify their management to include former execs from the agencies they currently hold contracts. It would help them navigate the "system" better which would in turn make life easier for the contractors in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for ManTech