Management Concepts

Lost in their Ivory Tower

Former Employee - Consultant
Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Management Concepts

Pros

Opportunity to work with great clients, travel to interesting places and utilize your skills.

Cons

Senior Management doesn't know the meaning of customer service. Awful courseware, logistical nightmares and decisions made in a vacuum.

Keep in mind that your client facing staff are the ones saving your business!

15 Other Employee Reviews for Management Concepts (View Most Recent)

I wouldn't want to work anywhere else!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Management Concepts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Approachable leadership team. Truly an open door environment.
    - Contributions are valued and recognized regularly. I feel like I am part of a team that wants to succeed.
    - Excellent work/life balance with flexible work arrangements possible
    - The company now allows employees who train service dogs to bring them into the office. Very cool!!
    - Communication has greatly improved.
    - Many people who leave find there way back here.

Cons

- Sometimes the next step in your career isn't available here due to the size of the company.

- Keep up the positive momentum and keep recognizing the top performers in the company.

Love it here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Management Concepts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for many different types of organizations; established companies, start-ups, non-profits - you name it. I usually get itchy after about 3 years and ask myself whether I'm happy, challenged, content or is it time to move on. I've been with Management Concepts for 5 years and I don't want to work anywhere else. I am encouraged to be innovative and entrepreneurial every day. I have the freedom to manage, reward and motivate my team as I see fit. I am regularly recognized for my contributions and I work with the most dedicated people I've ever known. It's incredible how well this company hires. Everyone I work with has the highest of work ethic but seems to understand the balance of work and home. The flexibility we are given across the board is beyond anything I've experienced. I believe the executives have the employees best interest at heart and I know personnel decisions are made with great thought and compassion. I have a long way to go before I retire - but if they'll have me - I'm stayin'

Cons

We are all incredibly busy and sometimes I wish we could hire more people at a faster rate. We are in a real up-swing relative to growth but if I'm being honest - it's exhausting at times. Just too many balls in the air and that can cause stress and a lot of long hours.

There's been a real turn around recently in that the executive level seems more approachable. The federal sequester was handled magnificently and should be studied in business schools. No lie. The CEO made all of us feel we were in this together and we were going to make it through to the other side. He was right. Keep that momentum going. You created a sense of loyalty that you absolutely cannot put a price tag on.

There are newer employer reviews for Management Concepts

Worked for Management Concepts? Contribute to the Community!