Management Concepts

www.managementconcepts.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Management Concepts

Great work/life balance at Management Concepts!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I worked at Management Concepts

Pros

Management Concepts (MC) is a privately owned, stable company that provides training courses primarily to the Federal Government.

The company encourages its employees to take MC courses, which are free to MC employees. In the 35 years that MC has existed, the company has remained financially solvent, and has little-to-no debt.

The company has less than 175 employees, most of whom are based in its Vienna, VA (Tyson's) headquarters. MC still has a small company feel, which can be quite refreshing. The two-person Human Resources team personally knows every MC employee.

Taking personal time from work is not frowned upon at MC. In fact, the company has a very good liberal leave policy. Almost everyone, including senior management, who has an office at MC leaves their doors open while working.

The senior management has been with MC for at least 10 years each, and many employees have been with the company for that long, if not longer.

Overall, working at Management Concepts was a positive experience.

Cons

Since the company has less than 175 employees, career advancement can be stifled. For example, in the two years I worked with MC, no one under age 40 was promoted to a management position.

For reasons unknown to me, there was a high turnover rate in the Accounting department.

The pay is about average when compared to comparable positions in similar industries.

MC does not have photographic IDs for its employees. That can be a safety issue when hundreds of students weekly walk the halls of both the Vienna, VA and D.C. offices.

Provide employees with an annual "How are We Doing?" survey. Promote employees from within who are under age 40, to management positions. Encourage team building and get-to-know-each other events.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Management Concepts (View Most Recent)

Lost in their Ivory Tower

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Management Concepts

Pros

Opportunity to work with great clients, travel to interesting places and utilize your skills.

Cons

Senior Management doesn't know the meaning of customer service. Awful courseware, logistical nightmares and decisions made in a vacuum.

Keep in mind that your client facing staff are the ones saving your business!

I wouldn't want to work anywhere else!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Management Concepts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Approachable leadership team. Truly an open door environment.
    - Contributions are valued and recognized regularly. I feel like I am part of a team that wants to succeed.
    - Excellent work/life balance with flexible work arrangements possible
    - The company now allows employees who train service dogs to bring them into the office. Very cool!!
    - Communication has greatly improved.
    - Many people who leave find there way back here.

Cons

- Sometimes the next step in your career isn't available here due to the size of the company.

- Keep up the positive momentum and keep recognizing the top performers in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Management Concepts