Management Science Associates

www.msa.com
  www.msa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Management Science Associates

Very laid back, flexible work environment, but compensation is way below industry average.

Current Employee - Software QA Analyst II in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Software QA Analyst II in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Management Science Associates

Pros

Laid back, flexible, casual dress, free parking, cafeteria located inside the building, and the people are generally pleasant to work with.

Cons

Lack of potential for career advancement, very hard to stand our or receive recognition for any outstanding achievement, poor compensation and high turnover.

Middle management has no control over compensation and promotion...HR and senior management need to work at retaining skilled professionals, otherwise this company will forever be a resume factory.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Management Science Associates (View Most Recent)

I think it has gone very well. I get time off when I need it.

Current Employee - Programmer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Programmer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Management Science Associates

Pros

It is great place to work for. Projects are going very well.

Cons

The health insurance is priced too high. It is only affordable for a single person. Senior programmers should be making more than a starting pay. In the $50,000 range is not enough to live off of. They should be making between $70,000-$90,000 a year.

Managers should divide the projects up more. They should not stress out one worker. Managers should help out more witht he projects in a stressful situation.

Not a good place for career growth or advancement

Current Employee - Internet Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Internet Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Management Science Associates

Pros

The people that I worked with were by and large knowledgeable and friendly. Paychecks were always on time. I got time and a half for holidays and overtime.

Cons

I took a part time job at MSA in 2007. I have 20+ years experience as a programmer/analyst. I hoped that I might work my way into a full time position over time. I worked very hard and did a lot of extra programming work that was not even part of my job description. I got A++ job reviews every year but when I applied for full time positions (programming related and non-programming related), I never received any consideration. Finally, I gave up and took a full time position at another company. Of course, I can only speak of my own experience but I would have to say that MSA is not a good company for career growth or advancement.

I was a part time employee and didn't really work much with management. I can only give advice as regards my situation - hiring proven talent from within in not necessarily a bad thing.

There are newer employer reviews for Management Science Associates