Management Science Associates

www.msa.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Management Science Associates

Lots of great people, salary on the low side

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Management Science Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management Science Associates provides a chance to work with many teams, and there are a lot of good people to work with. Getting with the right group can make the job a lot of fun. Also, in general, managers promote proper work/life balance. Situations sometimes come up where you have to put in extra hours, but it is never excessive.

Cons

Salary is lower than other companies offer around the area. Many people leave the company because there are higher salaries and better benefits elsewhere.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Management Science Associates (View Most Recent)

Application Manager

Former Employee - Applications Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Applications Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Management Science Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some good people. Potentially good line of business (but slipping away)

Cons

Too many to list. On the top of the list is what can be termed "invincible ignorance". While there are many good people at MSA, there are just as many who are not. Many on the 'not' list are in positions of authority but are either un-qualified or are 20 years out-of-date. Many of these people are very resistant to change (modernization). Many stick by "The MSA way" and reject even well-established technical principles and standards. In my many years of technical and management experience, this is the only place where I learned nothing and accomplished nothing. Too much time was spent arguing with the aforementioned people. Moving to the list: there is a slip-shod and half-baked approach to everything (even dress code and the building); No one understands what requirements are (or wants to); There is no empowerment of the employees, all business knowledge and authority is concentrated in the hands of a few; Pay is low; Benefits (Health Insurance) are the worse I’ve ever had; 401k matching is non-existent; All this leads to a total lack of innovation and constant talent loss, even though they see themselves as innovators (from 30 years ago). This is also resulting in an erosion of their competitiveness and a loss of business. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else, you will be wasting your time at MSA.

Modernize and get (hold) people who are technically current. Become competitive in compensation. Hold those in authority to a higher standard and stop accepting failure. Measure performance and require improvement.

Not bad, but could be a lot better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Management Science Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice group of co-workers, affordable benefits (if you have no dependents), and an on-site cafeteria.

Cons

Very little of the promised training, making it very hard to achieve a basic understanding of the product I am working on. General non-communication to new employees about what their individual responsibilities are.

Let me know what you expect of me and exactly what I should be doing; don't leave me guessing about what my responsibilities are. And when you hire me for an entry level position and promise training, follow through with it!

There are newer employer reviews for Management Science Associates