There are newer employer reviews for Management Sciences for Health

Have been able to adopt to a work place environment and develop my career to the next level

Current Employee - M&E Intern in Kampala (Uganda)
Current Employee - M&E Intern in Kampala (Uganda)

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Being a health related institution, really doing a great job of improving the health of the rest of the population

Cons

Have not met any so far

Great work done, continue with the spirit

39 Other Employee Reviews for Management Sciences for Health (View Most Recent)

The work is intense but knowing that I am making an impact makes it worthwhile.

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health

Pros

MSH is truly diverse! It is stimulating to work on an everyday basis with the brightest and most educated professionals from different cultures across the globe. Our employees are the "boots on the ground" in the developing world to improve health outcomes for the most vulnerable. MSH has undergone a complete restructuring and has vastly improved its corporate management structure to create more centralized management services, such as HR and Contracts, the results of which have created stronger and better-managed corporate services.

Cons

Top leadership is not attuned to communicating on a regular, systematic and written basis about all the good changes going on. The quarterly video-conferenced staff meetings are amazing because they involve all global offices but those meetings should not be the only mechanism for strategically communicating with staff.

There is lots of good change and improvements being made. Communicate about them! Determine what changes need to be made in the top leadership composition and make those changes happen!

The mission is great, and means well. However, in practice, it's the worst organization at implementing.

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health

Pros

Fair amount of vacation days. However, this includes days that are floating holidays and basically forced vacation. We all need to get the vacations approved anyway.

Cons

For an organization that preaches leadership and development, they sure do a terrible job of it. Senior managers that many do not respect are permitted to continue doing things that do not work and poorly manage people. It's no wonder everyone keeps leaving this organization. No professional growth for junior or mid-level professionals.We are all forced to put together a PPRD that is completely pointless and the merit increase was 2%, which isn't even enough to cover the cost of living adjustment. They argue this has to do with being a non-profit organization, and yet funds are mis-managed during everyday business.

people do not always approve of senior management at the director to C-level but are afraid toi truthfully express their concerns. Open your eyes to see what is going on! We should not have to tell you any of this. Just because individuals have been with the organization for many years does not mean they are effective leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for Management Sciences for Health