Management Sciences for Health
www.msh.org Cambridge, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great intentions, unclear direction.

(Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA

ProsI work with extremely gifted individuals and there are few restrictions on the things departmentally I get to learn. That's about it.

ConsLimited growth, overambitious leadership team that ignores the urgency of compliance, looks to phase out "cumbersome" processes, while trying to enforce abstract ideals. Little room for growth and advancement. Too great a focus on technical experts, ignoring the core groups such as Accounting and Finance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease note that your core staff, such as Accounting, Contracts, Procurement and Benefits *need* to be reinforced. Consider creating a compliance and training department instead of abstract goals such as becoming a "learning organization." Fix the wheel before driving. Please stop coupling an inordinate number of initiatives atop already overwhelming daily responsibilities. Understand all sides, and that the organization could run much more smoothly if we grounded ourselves instead of trying to be overly abstract. EG. PPRD: useless to a person whose base work culture does not permit "outstanding" action. Stop discussing accountability when we have no "ownership" of any piece of our processes. Reward all equally. Consider returning to Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement. Avoid discussing the topic of religion at work. Start enforcing workplace equality---those at the top should respect those at the bottom. Try and understand a process before attempting to fix it.

Very pleasant work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at Management Sciences for Health full-time for more than a year

Pros: Diverse, interesting people to work with Many travel opportunities Great health,… Cons: Big company means sometimes change or improvement is slow Not many… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mid-level and junior staff not given a chance to do technical work

Arlington, VA

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: MSH's DC office is in a good location, ability to work with field staff has been… Cons: Many of the administrative/program coordinator level staff wind up leaving after 1 year since there is no movement up unless you have a masters, ditto… More
There are newer reviews on Management Sciences for Health.

Worked for Management Sciences for Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Management Sciences for Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Management Sciences for Health CEO Jonathan Quick. All reviews posted anonymously by Management Sciences for Health employees.