Management Sciences for Health

www.msh.org
There are newer employer reviews for Management Sciences for Health

Great employees, poorly managed.

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health

Pros

MSH employees are extremely committed, passionate, and hard-working individuals from all over the globe. Working in teams with these individuals is the best part of the job.

In addition, pay is ok for the non-profit sector. The benefits, however, are great.

Cons

For a firm that positions and considers itself as a leader in the field of management, senior leadership is remarkably deficient in management skills.

Communication from senior management and from human resources is not entirely honest and can best be described as lip service.

MSH does not take career development seriously, especially for those that work in primarily support roles.

Spend less time trying to grow the organization and more time focusing on the growth of those that already work there.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Management Sciences for Health (View Most Recent)

Solid, Caring Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health

Pros

MSH is a great place to work. I've worked at MSH for over 5 years. I've held 4 different jobs, 2 of them were promotions with good raises. I've always felt that my leaders were looking out for me, listening to me, and giving me opportunities for growth. Overall, salaries at MSH, in comparison to many other NGOs out there, are competitive; and the benefits package is outstanding.
    The other thing about MSH that I don't see elsewhere, is that people who leave want to come back. I've seen at least 10 employees make their way back into the organization after leaving for what they thought were greener pastures. I know of many more who want to come back. I think that says a lot about the type of organization MSH is.

Cons

MSH is a place where multiculturalism IS the norm - and because of that, it isn't the right fit for everyone. MSH is not perfect, it has its share of bad managers, communicators, and problem projects and people - but you'd be hard pressed to find a company that doesn't.
    Overall, MSHers at all levels care deeply about the impact of their work, and the managers I have worked with try to foster a good work-life balance and a friendly, warm working environment. I've truly enjoyed working here and intend to continue doing so!

Project Associate

I worked at Management Sciences for Health

Pros

Very cool colleagues but poor supervisors

Cons

The Boston Office doesn't allow for upward mobility for PA's. Very poor administrative processes so you end up doing everything manually.

Fix you directors' management skills. Automate processes

There are newer employer reviews for Management Sciences for Health