Management & Training Corporation
www.mtctrains.com Centerville, UT 5000+ Employees

Great Supervisors, Horrible Company Policies and Culture

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Management & Training Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsI had a great supervisor and her supervisor was also great. We had a strong team. I enjoyed the nature of the work and felt like it made a difference in people's lives.

ConsThis company is hypocritical and simply unprofessional. It's a churn factory. As soon as the great supervisors I had left their positions, I saw how much they had been shielding us from internal politics. I worked there for two years. After I quit, the entire 14 person team I started with also quit. They really aren't keeping up with the modern economy. I used to believe in their programs, but I currently feel they are doing participants a disservice because they refuse to innovate or maintain quality staff by showing recognition or offering decent salaries. Working for my old supervisor made the job enjoyable, two years later, I had had no advancement opportunities or raises and MTC's reputation is in the drain. I can see it was a horrible career move. I would advise young people starting a career to look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. Value your workforce.

Pretty laid back and easy work most of the time, since these are people who are coming out of the system or DWI's.

Correction Officer (Current Employee)
Henderson, TX

Pros: They are mostly non-violent offenders with a short period to spend there. Most of them have some kind of medical problem but some have mental… Cons: They changed the time days off making it hard to spend time with your family. It use to be 3 on - 3 off 12… Advice to Senior Management: Put the schedule back the way it was, as far as the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worked on the job corps site as a career advisor

Career Advisor (Current Employee)
Centerville, UT

Pros: Opportunities for advancement based on your degree, great place to… Cons: It's easy to get stuck in a position Advice to Senior Management: Seek out employee's who have the potential for advancement Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Management & Training Corporation.

Worked for Management & Training Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Management & Training Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Management & Training Corporation CEO R. Scott Marquardt. All reviews posted anonymously by Management & Training Corporation employees.