Management & Training Corporation

Great Company, Great Culture, and Great Vision, okay pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Centerville, UT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centerville, UT

I worked at Management & Training Corporation

Pros

The best part is the culture. Everyone is very down to earth and cares about each other and the company mission. The work done is also very rewarding. It is a chance to get paid and develop a career helping others and society.

Cons

The only real downside I say was pay. The pay is pretty good but can't compete with a lot of other companies.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Management & Training Corporation (View Most Recent)

This school is very disorganized and struggles due to poor administration and training.

Current Employee - Staff  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Staff in Portland, OR

I have been working at Management & Training Corporation

Pros

The Center Director leaves everyday at 4:30PM prompt. She never works late and never expects you to stay past 5:30PM. The health and dental are very good. There isn't much detail to attention asked for from management and this may be a lower stress factor for some types of people. The students are very sweet and needy- this part is rewarding.

Cons

The center director is unschooled in traditional business practices and has low expectations for the overall vision of the school. Many trainees struggle due to not low funding, but poor planning of budget timing which causes large resource shortages. Regular high turnover. No formal corporate training from the parent contractor MTC. Outdated materials and proprietary software that is outdated and redundant. This is not an environment for working parents, using PTO for sick children will not be tolerated.

Consider strong corporate training for new hires to ensure longevity and fast on boarding. Hold director level trainings that are current with industry trends. Provide students with appropriate surveys to gauge the effectiveness of their training. Verbally recognize staff members quarterly or annually for a job well done.

MTC - They may not work you to death...but they'll try

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Management & Training Corporation

Pros

The management team at my facility was great. But it depends on the position/department. Overall benefits were good. Not great but good middle of the road...covered all the basics.

Cons

I worked in HR at one of the newer facilities and the turnover was atrocious. 25-30 terminations per month and growing. A new hire class was needed every 4-5 weeks. HR department was short handed, everyone acknowledged it, but no one in a position to fix that did anything. I finally burned myself out and had to walk away. Corporate HR was no help because they were stretched just as thin. Other department heads lived at the facility as well because there was too much to do and not enough time to do it in. No one in upper management seemed to be concerned with the turnover. Either they were too busy to do anything about it or that's just they way the industry is. The workload just wasn't manageable and there was no end in sight to the chaos. Some of the supervisors did not know what they were doing but were protected by their supervisors and around and around we go. Most frustrating job I have ever had. Hopefully things will get better there but it will take some time. Unfortunately they will continue to lose good people in the interim which compounds the problem.

Do a better job in planning your staffing requirements for new facilities by looking at existing facilities. Give departments the staff they need rather than getting as much out of them as you can and you may be able to keep good, hardworking employees. Don't let them run themselves into the ground. It's called work/life balance which was an impossibility there.

There are newer employer reviews for Management & Training Corporation

Worked for Management & Training Corporation? Contribute to the Community!