Manatt Phelps & Phillips

There are newer employer reviews for Manatt Phelps & Phillips

Litigation Assistant

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Legal Secretary in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Manatt Phelps & Phillips full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Minimal overtime; professional atmosphere; good benefits

Cons

Need more interaction between staff and attorneys

30 Other Employee Reviews for Manatt Phelps & Phillips (View Most Recent)

Manatt Phelps Phillips, Washington, DC - Not Truely A Professional Work Place!

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Washington, DC

I worked at Manatt Phelps & Phillips

Pros

Some attorneys were nice, but in general there weren't any real positives for working there! I worked for four attorneys that were super and would have stayed had it not been for the negativity of the office administrator!

Cons

Their claim to be "LGBT Best Places To Work" was really absurd! Extremely unprofessional in their treatment of staff! Every secretary in the office had special hours except if you were white! No raises since 2008! If ever they needed overtime, they always came to the same people that said yes once before and then if you couldn't stay, they would really look down their noses at you for saying you had to leave! Horrible health insurance and their attitude was take it or leave it! I left and got double the coverage for half of what they wanted me to pay. Plus I gave myself a $10,000-a-year raise working for 2 attorneys!

Get a real legal administrator in this office, not a friend of a friend, who has never done that type of job before! This office is a revolving door of legal secretaries, so either you just don't care about them or they are of very little value to the firm!

Mediocrity reigns

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Manatt Phelps & Phillips

Pros

Features a mostly casual atmosphere There is a free gym membership onsite, free parking for most employees. Most people are friendly.

Cons

The overall management on the operations side is poor. Job satisfaction and motivation for skilled individuals in non-legal departments is mostly low. Little or no incentive or encouragement.

Improve operational management. There is a lack of leadership and competence from a managerial standpoint in some of the departments, review and improve.

There are newer employer reviews for Manatt Phelps & Phillips