Some Managment...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Mandiant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free catered lunches
Great employee benefits and compensation
Only company doing what they do as well as they do it/cutting edge of InfoSec industry.

Cons

Management is ignorant to employee needs
Company of 300 employees acts and treats its employees as if they are a company of hundreds of thousands of employees
Management makes you work ridiculous amounts of overtime to get your job done so you never get to spend time with your families leading to divorce (not me but many of my co-workers) or no real life.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees needs and treat each employee as THEY need to be treated. Stop treating your employees as if they are all the same robot.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Lots of potential, but still a small company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Mandiant

Pros

The company is developing technology that tackles the incident response market, which is a relatively young market from a product perspective. Revenue potential is huge, especially with the fact that the company is staffed by a experienced and professional consulting organization, whose experiences are extremely valuable when it comes to software development.

Cons

As with any small business, resources are always an issue. In this case, resources entails engineers, development/QA hardware and software.

Advice to Management

Bite the bullet and spend more money on expanding the engineering and marketing organizations.

2. An Acceptable Tenure

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Mandiant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

During my time at Mandiant, by far and away, the best part was getting to work with the other employees. I've been around the block once or twice and, prior to Mandiant, I had never worked with so many outstanding people. Every person there either could have been a team lead or was a team lead or would become a team lead. Everyone was committed to making the company and the products we produced great.

Cons

The culture shifted. People moved on. Familiarity bred contempt. There were so many new hires that instead of being integrated into the culture, they brought their own culture.

Advice to Management

I absolutely loved working for Kevin. I would do so again in a heartbeat.