Manhattan Associates

www.manh.com

I can only speak for PSO, CSO, and R&D... in short "it depends"...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros- Good place to start a career and get your feet wet.
- Manhattan hires hard working people with good attitudes, making it a pretty nice place to work from a culture standpoint.
- For the first 3-4 years, there is opportunity for growth in terms of new acquiring new skills and career advancement (this is very true in PSO and CSO, less true in R&D)
- If you are in PSO, you will get to work with LOTS of challenging (difficult) clients and learn how to handle tough situations.
- Benefits and 401k are better than the industry average.
- Paid Time Off is above average and is excellent after your third year.
- There are a lot of good directors at the company. If you wind up with one of them, you will probably be pretty happy.
- If you are a workaholic, PSO is the department for you.

Cons- After 3-4 years, there typically are fewer opportunities for advancement (unless you are an overachiever or superstar workaholic).
- The pay still lags the industry average.
- From a technology standpoint, they stick with "tried and true" rather than cutting edge. If you are technical and want to work on the cutting edge, this isn't the place for you.
- Work-life balance is a problem in PSO (and CSO to a lesser extent). They have been trying to improve this the last couple years, but it is still the #1 reason people leave.
- It can sometimes be tough to take vacations when you want it, even with reasonable notice, due to project work.
- Sales, account management, and upper management have a habit of over promising to win contracts...
- ...and in an effort to keep clients happy, management doesn't do a good job of adjusting expectations which results in folks in PSO having to put in long hours, travel more than they would like, and occasionally work on weekends. This is the exception rather than the rule, but still happens more often than it should.
- There are a handful of directors and managers that shouldn't be managing people. MA needs to do a better job identifying these people and either coaching them up, putting them in another role, or letting them go.
- The work environment has become more corporate over the years. It is more structured, but less dynamic than it used to be.

Advice to Senior Management- Make sure employees at all levels are recognized for their hard work throughout the year. This was the norm a number of years ago and now it rarely happens because everyone is seemingly "too busy"

- Ditch the project-based reviews and replace them with a less formal mid-year review. It will make for much less stressful reviews at the end of the year.

- Encourage junior resources to submit detailed anonymous feedback of their superiors more than once a year. Bad managers need to be identified and coached up at regular intervals or risk having their direct reports stripped from them if they aren't making the grade. Make sure junior resources are put in a position to succeed!

- If you want to make the company better, LISTEN TO YOUR JUNIOR RESOURCES! The best feedback comes from those college kids you hire. The problem is that they are afraid to speak up since they feel it isn't their place to do so.

- If you don't let your technical resources push the envelope, the best and brightest will not stick around.

Excellent leadership, culture and stable environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros: Simple put, if you want to work with some of the best… Cons: Hard to continue to be best when you do some many things well..We are… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate with employees and keep us moving forward in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Getting better

Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Challenging projects right off the bat. Diverse range of industries and client locations help diversify anyone's… Cons: More technical job than other consulting firms. MA also has a lackluster training program for current associates (> 1 year). Work… Advice to Senior Management: Worry more about retention of the consultants/senior consultants who have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Manhattan Associates.

Worked for Manhattan Associates? Contribute to the Community!