There are newer employer reviews for Manheim

This was a positive employment experience prior to college graduation in the early 2000's.

Former Employee - Lot Worker, Vehicle Check In in Dighton, MA
Former Employee - Lot Worker, Vehicle Check In in Dighton, MA

I worked at Manheim part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As an auto enthusiast it was always interesting driving and seeing all the different makes and models come through the doors. Porsche, Ferrari, Hummer, Corvete, etc.. with lots of grand am's and civics mixed in. I worked with a great group of people who kept it interesting every day at work. Thursday night auctions were always interesting.

Cons

I liked the company and was interested in moving to a position which would utilize my college degree after graduation but the company wasn't interested in retaining me so I was forced to move on after graduation.

Advice to Management

Nothing significant since its been quite a while since I worked here.

reviews filtered by

Change is not always a good thing.

I have been working at Manheim full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Salary, 401K, Pension, Vacation Days

Cons

Micro Managing, Playing Favorites, Back Stabbing, Not posting available jobs instead placing who they want in the position. Placing blame on the wrong individuals because they are friends with the ones that are at fault. Pushing people or treating them badly to get them to leave.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO PEOPLE. Open your eyes and watch not just hear the Supervisors and Manager, they are usually the problem. Remember emplyees are people not a number, they have families, lives and responsibilities. Play fair make it an even playing field. Give everyone the opportunity for positions. You never know the right one could be the one that applies not the one that was placed there because he is a favorite.

Very Political. It's the "who you know" game here.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Manheim full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Place to work, provide you with everything to the job. Good 401K and Medical, that about it.

Cons

Manheim- California . Horrible Compensation. Managers all know each other and only pull friends from other auctions to fill managing positions at current location. They are more interested in cutting ours and getting the most out of someone without paying them what they deserve. Employees with a drive to succeed quickly move on after 1 year of employment. If you like repetition and don't care about advancing your career, this is the place. They'll hang a carrot at current promotions and advancements and quickly realize you never had a chance. Spineless prospects apply now!

Advice to Management

If you want to keep quality employees on board, pay them what they deserve. If they keep your business and make you great profit, share a little with those employees. Shed some skin of your onion, many employees who don't care about their role in the company. Also, revise your senior citizen employment opportunity. I am not discriminating on senior's but allot of them are retired and don't really care about customer service or helping the company. They use Manheim as a social cub with other seniors. Better screening in HR for quality employees, don't hire employees merely because Joe schmoe knows them.