There are newer employer reviews for Manheim

Service to the company is not rewarded.

Former Employee - Management
Former Employee - Management

I worked at Manheim full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A wide range of people (employees & customers) make the job interesting. For the most part, the employees are hard working and dedicated to the customers and to each other. The pay was fair and the benefits (medical, dental, PTO, etc.) were outstanding...some of the best I've ever seen.

Cons

During my 20+ year career, the company went from a wholesome, customer-driven environment where an employee could advance as he/she matured and learned to a numbers-only game. Employees were to spend less time and energy on customers that did not meet performance expectations and to lavish upon the high performers everything a customer could want. The same philosophy eventually became how employees were treated by the company. Performance management became the everyday norm with employees being let go almost weekly for the last few years. Entire departments would be wiped out and their duties consolidated into other departments. Managers became supervisors, supervisors became hourly employees, and pay was cut accordingly along with the titles. Anyone (including corporate employees in Atlanta) who complained was added to the next list of those to go. Employees were now simply payroll numbers; laid off or subject to reassigned duties as the monthly financial report dictated based on customer performance, not on individual employee performance. Not only did this create an atmosphere of constant fear for one's job, but as titles disappeared or were reduced, employees were in survival mode. Gone were the days of teamwork and uplifting your co-workers, it was now survival of the fittest. And, the fittest were often judged as the those who said "yes" to anything and everything they were told to do, no matter how distasteful or unethical.

No advice to local management, but executive management at the corporate level should reconsider the choice to ignore the value of every customer and the high cost of losing long-term, dedicated, experienced employees.

125 Other Employee Reviews for Manheim (View Most Recent)

Best overall company to work with! I would work for Manheim again!

Former Employee - Dealer Service Representative  in  Statesville, NC
    Former Employee - Dealer Service Representative in Statesville, NC

I worked at Manheim full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The level of support that comes from your fellow workers is like a family business. People want to see you do well and they want to perform the best they can. Customer experience is the key factor now.

Cons

I had to share my knowledge and train others to do my job and after a few months I was dismissed. The mid management is struggling to balance they way things were done before with how corporate wants it done now. Everything is done with some form of metric to measure performance and production. I see that customer service suffered do to the metric based way of doing things.

Management needs to be more fair and look at the overall person and not totally at the numbers. People are let go too easy... people that busted their butts for the company and the customers are finding it impossible to maintain a good work relationship and customer service.

This was a positive employment experience prior to college graduation in the early 2000's.

Former Employee - Lot Worker, Vehicle Check In  in  Dighton, MA
    Former Employee - Lot Worker, Vehicle Check In in Dighton, MA

I worked at Manheim part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As an auto enthusiast it was always interesting driving and seeing all the different makes and models come through the doors. Porsche, Ferrari, Hummer, Corvete, etc.. with lots of grand am's and civics mixed in. I worked with a great group of people who kept it interesting every day at work. Thursday night auctions were always interesting.

Cons

I liked the company and was interested in moving to a position which would utilize my college degree after graduation but the company wasn't interested in retaining me so I was forced to move on after graduation.

Nothing significant since its been quite a while since I worked here.

There are newer employer reviews for Manheim

Worked for Manheim? Contribute to the Community!