No room for growth

I worked at Manifest Digital

Pros

Laid back compared to other agencies--for the most part, won't be overworked. Intelligent coworkers and great people. Open layout, so no cubicles.

Cons

No room for growth/no clear career paths. Lack of structure and communication meant job levels and titles weren't clearly defined. Reviews were minimal and pay was not competitive. Rarely saw anyone get promoted within... more often than not, people got hired above. High turnover rate, so there's a lack of culture.

Advice to Management

Please get your act together. A near-inverted triangle is not how a team should be built (at one point, we had three managers for four mid-level employees). Streamline reviews for both careers and at the end of projects, and learn to be more transparent--don't just talk about it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A Changing Agency

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Manifest Digital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came into Manifest to manage a strategic project. A year ago, I would have never worked for this organization, but the leadership convinced me that they are interested in changing the work environment for the better. As I convert to a full-time role, that change will be one of my responsibilities. I have no doubts that this change is desired from the very top. I also have no doubts that it will happen. This change requires active participation.

Cons

There is a lot of uncertainty during change. Manifest is in an acquisition phase, and the design business is rapidly changing. As with many organizations, this can make people anxious. I tend to thrive when the possibilities broaden and responsibilities become less formal. Change brings opportunity.

Advice to Management

I see the negative reviews and feel some anxiousness. I would suggest communicating change from the bottom up. I would suggest letting people help create the environment that they desire. It would also be helpful to make the decisions necessary to promote these changes in a more timely manner. The first rule of change management is to communicate.

2. Excited For What's To Come

Current Employee - Missouri in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Missouri in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Manifest Digital

Pros

> Talented group of individuals across all disciplines > Awesome perks and company culture > Pay and benefits are competitive > Flexible work schedule > Work/life balance encouraged > Challenging work

Cons

> Vast difference in culture and processes between offices > Client variety > No internship program for work that may be considered too junior for some

Advice to Management

Transparency with employees through major changes within the organization is a must!