There are newer employer reviews for MannKind

pressure cooker

I worked at MannKind

Pros

The compensation package was thorough and competitive. When they did have to lay off employees, I think they were generous with their severance packages. There were opportunities to wear many hats and try a lot of different roles, as long as your work didn't suffer for it. There were some truly kind, knowledgeable and hardworking people there who were willing to help you learn different disciplines within the company.

Cons

It was a total pressure cooker, and a lot of favoritism, which inevitably led infighting between the different departments. They were thick with middle management, and it led to some managers losing touch with what their employees actually accomplished on a daily basis. The gap between management and mid- to lower-level employees was rather large, and the way management was compensated comparatively was off-putting.

Reward your employees based on their actual performance, and not on management cronyism. narrow the gap between the different work levels and encourage your different departments and teams to truly work together instead of against one another. Invest in the social areas of your workforce, and bring back things like the summer barbecues--they were good for morale of the company.

16 Other Employee Reviews for MannKind (View Most Recent)

Take the good with the bad

I have been working at MannKind

Pros

A lot of great people highly committed to breakthrough medicines
    Flexible work culture
    Initiative is welcomed

Cons

Senior management does not work well together
    Strategy details not well communicated
    Some silos

Have more real dialogue with employees

Great People, Great Product. Great Future?

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at MannKind full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at MannKind provided an opportunity to collaborate on projects at a high level with some of the most talented and dedicated people I have ever met. The relationships among coworkers were unusually strong and supportive. Taking initiative was encouraged, recognized and rewarded. Compensation and benefits were better than most start-up companies. The flexible work hours significantly increased my productivity. The Company's lead product (AFREZZA) and its underlying technology (Technosphere) have enormous medical value and market potential.

Cons

Company-wide communications provided important information and a sense of transparency. We believed that our ideas and recommendations were genuinely valued and taken into serious consideration. However, it seemed as though crucial decisions were made within an executive "bubble" which severely impacted operations and lead to substantial layoffs of highly valuable employees.

If it is not too late, try to return to the core principles which made the company a great place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for MannKind