There are newer employer reviews for Manna Freight Systems

A great company to work for!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Mendota Heights, MN
Current Employee - Account Manager in Mendota Heights, MN

I have been working at Manna Freight Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the independence and flexibility that comes with helping to run a profitable brand and grow accounts. I have a great staff to work with in a laid back environment that works hard to achieve a common goal.

Cons

At times stress levels can be high and long hours can be worked but all work is compensated fairly and it makes my days fly by quickly!

19 Other Employee Reviews for Manna Freight Systems (View Most Recent)

The sales jobs are expendable and temporary.

Former Employee - National Sales Consultant (Manager)  in  Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
    Former Employee - National Sales Consultant (Manager) in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I worked at Manna Freight Systems

Pros

Here are the only positives:
    1) M-F day hours
    2) Base salary 30's-40K plus small commissions
    3) Support personnel in other departments are very nice

Cons

Far more negatives:
    1) Cold calling from lists or from Google searches all day.
    2) Very little coaching.
    3) Commissions are pennies on the dollar.
    4) The few salespeople that have been there the longest keep all the largest shippers under their name.
    5) Dozens of ex-salespeople's names in a company's database - red flag.
    6) It's a cold calling job, not an idea job.
    7) No advancement, the same people have been in the same upper sales management jobs for decades.
    8) There are many many more negatives.

Are you kidding? They would never listen to a thing anyone else said much less do it. You are a cold calling drone and you will be expendable in time like the other salespeople who didn't inherit large accounts.

Horrible management that considers everyone expendable and has no issues overworking employees.

I worked at Manna Freight Systems full-time

Pros

The people I worked with within my department were very nice and it's honestly why I stayed as long as I did.

Steady hours.

Cons

Training programs were implemented to help with training and give people raises, but when too many people were actually getting trained properly they shut it down and refused to give people the raises they were signed off to receive.

Management has stated several times in front of employees that we were all worthless, expendable, and easily replaced.

No matter what happens, they will fight your unemployment.

Breached several employee contracts by refusing to pay contracted bonuses and then fired said employees after several weeks of constant humiliation and attempts to get them to quit.

The pay is terrible and there's no way to actually get raises or advance.

For those that do "advance," at least in customer service, if they're made to be a "lead" within 6-7 months every single one has either quit or been let go.

They will make promises that things will get better and that things will be changed, that more people will be hired to help relieve them, but then nothing gets better or changed and no people are brought on.

Upper management will randomly lay off entire sections of departments, including one time where they sent an email to the entire company advising that there would be major layoffs the next day and then got rid of half their customer service department just before the holidays.

They forced overtime on employees and were not understanding for those that had kids that had to be picked up from daycare or taken care of when they were sick.

The layoffs were so bad that November - January there was an average wait time of 3-4 hours for calls even with people constantly taking calls and not being allowed to take breaks.

They are a horrible business with horrible management and they don't care about their customers at all.

They also don't have enough parking for all of their employees and openly tell people to park in other business's parking lots.

I've been working for several years now and I have never seen so many people get laid off, put in their two weeks, or flat out quit in such a short period of time. Everyone there is deeply unhappy and it was a common conversation topic to talk about applying to other jobs and needing to get out.

There's nothing I could say to them. None of the upper management cares about their employees or their customers, all they care about is the money and they were happy to tell their employees that.

There are newer employer reviews for Manna Freight Systems

Worked for Manna Freight Systems? Contribute to the Community!