Manpower

www.manpowergroup.com

Low pay, but great source of work when you need it

Current Employee - Professional Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Professional Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great for temporary work assignments between jobs. Account managers really have incentives to find you a spot on short notice. For long-term work it leaves a lot to be desired because benefits are poor and management is in alignment with the clients, not the consultants, when it comes to extensions, raises, etc.

Cons

Most points are already mentioned above.

Improve your treatment and pay of long-term consultants because the IT industry is very competitive and you will lose your best people.

Other reviews for Manpower

My experience was great for a part-time data analyzer.

Former Employee - General Office Clerk  in  Greenville, AL
    Former Employee - General Office Clerk in Greenville, AL

Pros

The reason I choose to work at Manpower was due to the flexibility and salary that I was able to have.

Cons

I always had to keep in contact over the phone, and it was a long drive to its headquarters when I needed to talk with someone in person.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

The jobs listed on their site tend to be higher-paying than other temp company jobs.

Cons

I signed up with them last summer. Went through all the testing and interviewed with my assigned representative. Per her instructions, I contacted her weekly to let her know that I was available for job assignments. A month into doing this, she told me to stop contacting her and that she would let me know when she had a job for me. It's been now seven months since I signed up with them, and they haven't provided me with one, single job assignment. I would never recommend this temp company to anyone!

Please advise your employees to communicate with their candidates. It is a waste of time on both ends to go all through all the signing up processes, only to never get any work.

There are newer employer reviews for Manpower.

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!