Manpower
www.manpowergroup.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Metricized to Oblivion

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsDecent base pay and system tools to complete the job.

ConsNot being able to do your job without a few gorillas on your back. The sheriff is always in town and has the management skills of a flashlight cop.
There is no pride in quality of work but a race to put up arbitrary numbers. We must keep feeding the pipe of people to jobs in 48 hours or else heads will roll.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet recruiters have a personality, pride, and better compensation.

Things are getting interesting................

IT (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Manpower full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay was better than average, good bunch of co-workers until the layoffs, decent… Cons: No IT strategy globally, 83 separate fiefdoms protecting themselves from everyone else, they call it… Advice to Senior Management: Please drop the catchy phrases and come back to the basics. Also, drop the whole "industry star" thing. No one… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

On the wane

IT Specialist (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Manpower full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The headquarters building in downtown Milwaukee is a nice place to… Cons: A company starting to spiral...mass layoffs over the last year, particularly in IT (most IT work now in the process of being offshored). Management incapable of… Advice to Senior Management: Get off of the weird, new-agey sounding concepts like "talentism"...and focus on the basics. Quit the whole "reaching industry star" nonsense.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Manpower.

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Manpower reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Manpower CEO Jonas Prising. All reviews posted anonymously by Manpower employees.